Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right folks!! Here is our "make-up date" for the rain-out we had in July.... ANY LX is welcome, so just because you missed previous events doesn't mean you have to miss this one! These events are a TON of fun!
SSsssssssoooooooo.....come on folks!! Lets get this one fired-up and ready to roll!!

Story Lines:

Will ko4000 finally get revenge on AJ_Gil!?!?

Will AJ_Gil get revenge on the Vette for bragging rights?!?

Will Monty1269 get past the first round!?!? :doh:

Watch the Boss-brothers (V6's) scrambling for honor! (not to mention attcking each other like rabid dogs! LOL! )

Be sure to check out 1QuickChick in his pink tu-tu!!! It's hilarious!

Be sure to see MikeStone and his fantastic cam/head/nitrous beast!

Will the "grocery Getters" steal the show again!?!?

Will the LX's get bragging right over the Mustangs again??

Will the Vettes be the next one's to fall to the mighty LX's???

Remember folks...You DO NOT have to be fast. You have to be consistant! Meaning, a tricycle can BEAT an SRT8!!

Someone asked: "What is bracket racing?" Here is an explaination provided by some friendly folks:

ET Racing, or Bracket Racing as it is commonly called, is the "grass roots" level of drag racing. It was started as an alternative to the high-dollar class racing of the 60's and 70's, even into today. Bracket racing allows almost anyone to race, on a fairly even playing field. This variety of the sport places much more emphasis on the driver than the car itself. It has now become the most competitive form of drag racing in the world, with the largest number of competitors. In the last couple years, Junior Dragster classes have become all the rage: 1/2 scale dragsters powered by 5 horsepower Briggs & Stratton motors for kids up to 15 years old.

All right, here's the real basic principles of bracket racing. At a race, you are given several time trials, which are used just as practice, and to see what times your car runs. In eliminations, which are single elimination tournament style, it's you against one other racer. You select a time that you think your car will run. That's called your dial-in. When two cars compete, they subtract the dial-ins, and the slower car gets that much of a head start. The theory is that if both drivers get identical reaction times, and both run what they predicted, they will meet right at the finish line... a tie. In practicality, this never happens. Reaction times will differ, and the car may run quicker or slower than predicted.

Reaction times are a huge part of winning (or losing!) races. They are also perhaps the most difficult part of drag racing, although it seems deceptively simple.

Now you say, "Why don't I just dial-in at 18 seconds, and I'll get a big head start and win?" There's the trick. If you run quicker than your dial, you lose! This is called a breakout. Basically, this means that you want to guess exactly what the car will run. If you guess far quicker than what the car can run, you won't be able to run fast enough, and your opponent can easily beat you to the finish. If you guess far slower, a practice called sandbagging, it is very likely that you will break out and lose.

There are many complex situations that arise from these handicapping rules. What happens if both cars break out? In this case, the car that runs out the least wins. How can someone win if they didn't cross the finish line first? If the other car breaks out more than you do, or he runs out and you don't, you win, no matter how much he beat you to the line by. Because of the possibility of breaking out, there are actually many instances where you will hit the brakes to win!

Here's what Moroso looks like!!

And here's the list of party goers!

1) Monty1269
2) AJ_Gil
3) 1FAST4DR
4) SRT8U
5) rtr0id
6) MikeStone1958
7) sixsicksheep
8) ko4000
9) Crazy8
10)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHsorry to hijack my work schedule got change and i have to work :(
happens everytime there is an event have fun everyone

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We (FLXC) are having more events at Moroso, so keep an eye out for other dates!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think I may be out for this event. Don't know if I will run, as I just picked my Daytona up on Saturday, but will be out to meet all of you and to say hello to all the Corvette Challenge people (I used to run in that series).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait a minute...weren't you known by another screen name!?!? LOL!

COngrat's on the PLUM!!! :rock:

Look forward to meeting you this Saturday!! I'll be in the Inferno Mag R/T!! Be sure to say hello!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wait a minute...weren't you known by another screen name!?!? LOL!

COngrat's on the PLUM!!! :rock:

Look forward to meeting you this Saturday!! I'll be in the Inferno Mag R/T!! Be sure to say hello!
Yeah, I originally registered under my old name when I had my Vette. Now that I am Plum Crazy :D, this seemed to be a better name.

I will definitely find you. Do you guys gather on the skid pad near the Vettes and Stangs? I may have to deliver some parts to my ole Vette buddies, but I will be around both sections. :) You won't be able to miss me in the Plum. Don't know if there are any others out there.

Neil

·
Registered
608 Posts
Glad to have a new Daytona out there!! We are on the skid pad with everyone else!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SWEET! Now we just need to get you signed up for the FLXC!!! Then the "South Chapter" will have a PC of our own!!

Mike- That would make us the only Chapter that has them all (I think). :rock:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh...lemme back up a second.....

You do nOT have to be a part of the FLXC to race!! So let's get as many as we can out there for a GREAT time!!

Simply stated, the FLXC is a very simple statewide club for LX owners. We hate politics, and we all agree that we are here for a GREAT time!
What's the benefit of the FLXC? Well, so far we've had our computers updated FREE through one of our local dealers...We've had a HUGE BBQ with Billet Technology, and gotten discounts along the way!!!
Aaaaaand for $35 you get TWO shirts!! One polo-style, and a t-shirt with the FLXC 'logo' slapped on them....OH! And let's not forget aboutht eSE Shindig caravan!!! FHP hooked us up with a looooong convoy from WPB all the way up to the state line into GA.!!

FLXC ROCKS!!!
FLXC is the most dominant statewide club on the forums!! Feel free to check it out! http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Now....back to the racing!!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Oh...lemme back up a second.....

You do nOT have to be a part of the FLXC to race!! So let's get as many as we can out there for a GREAT time!!

Simply stated, the FLXC is a very simple statewide club for LX owners. We hate politics, and we all agree that we are here for a GREAT time!
What's the benefit of the FLXC? Well, so far we've had our computers updated FREE through one of our local dealers...We've had a HUGE BBQ with Billet Technology, and gotten discounts along the way!!!
Aaaaaand for $35 you get TWO shirts!! One polo-style, and a t-shirt with the FLXC 'logo' slapped on them....OH! And let's not forget aboutht eSE Shindig caravan!!! FHP hooked us up with a looooong convoy from WPB all the way up to the state line into GA.!!

FLXC ROCKS!!!
FLXC is the most dominant statewide club on the forums!! Feel free to check it out! http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Now....back to the racing!!!
cool great info :)

I hope everyone is having fun I am slaving away at work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts