Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a record setting 100 degree October day in Chicago, my 2 week old double din decided to stop working today. I am going to check the battery, power, and ground wire tomorrow as well as the fuse.

If this is not the case I am not sure of what to do next and what the hell could it be? Could the heat inside a car damage a touchscreen enough for it not to work at all?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was the sun beating on the screen? and do you have the boston system? if so your can bus interface could be bad
Its sad that 100 people read this and only 1 responded, but you were right the CAN BUS interface is bad, I am awaiting a new one. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Its sad that 100 people read this and only 1 responded, but you were right the CAN BUS interface is bad, I am awaiting a new one. Thanks for your help
Dont get frustrated about all the people viewing and not much responses...as some people are not knowledgeable...what would you like them to do...reply and put i have no clue :D

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I have no clue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
in my dakota the canbus would never work with the avic d3 the pac thing would not work and the installers couldn't figure it out, they wanted me to go down to the pac factory where they could test it and i said f that and just plugged it into the cig lighter and waited till i got my r/t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts