Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I'd like to say hello as I am new to this forum. I have a 2008 charger se with some issues. First of all, it constantly says I have a door open when I clearly have all my doors closed. Because it says I have a door open I have to keep my gauges turned down at night so the dome lights aren't on. Any ideas? Secondly, my service engine light is on. I had the computer checked and they said my gas cap was bad. I replaced it and had the codes reset but the light came on again for the same reason. I've checked it numerous times to make sure its on there correctly and tightly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
626 Posts
If the Check Engine light is still on then the gas cap likely isn't the cause. You need to have it diagnosed correctly. What was the DTC that was set when the light was on originally (P-code)? For the door ajar light and dome lights staying on it could be a shorted door ajar switch, which is part of the door latches, or a broken/ shorted wire in the door jam wiring, specifically the LF jam. One of the factory scan tools would come in handy to see which ajar switch is activated or shorted.

·
Registered
716 Posts
What he said ^^^^, also the gas cap code is usually related to the EVAP system codes P0455 or P0457 , so you might want to check the lines to the charcoal canister, gas tank etc. You list the age of your car as a 2008. Rubber hoses could be starting to show their age with cracks making the system throw a code out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.