Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed how bad the door stop/hinge is on the Charger? When I open the door, it wants to flop back shut nearly every time. I'm thinking about adding another spring...or grinding the indents deeper!

Anybody else come up with a good fix...or is it just mine??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I Got A Fix Dont Open It So Hard... Lol Jk Yeah I Noticed That Also But I Can Live With It. I Guess I Have To Right

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree completely. The door stop position is a little off. It stops in the first position to close in (not open enough), and the next one is way open. I wish I could mod it to open in between those points... Other than that, what a car!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes I have had the thing nearly take my leg off a few times. And you don't want to kick it open because then you leave foot marks on the cream door panel. Whose bright idea was it to make it cream anyway?
The worst is getting out with arms loaded with purse, keys, bags, coffee, etc and having it trying to shut you inside lol.
Still wouldn't trade it for the world though.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
Ah, so I'm NOT the only one with that gripe! :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The worst is getting out with arms loaded with purse, keys, bags, coffee, etc and having it trying to shut you inside lol.
It wants to be driven! If it lets you out...it's sittin' still!

It looks like a second spring could be added easily to the hinge...I'm thinking about giving it a try to see if it helps (maybe I'll borrow the spring from the passenger side for the initial experiment).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.