Charger Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a buddy who’s and assistant used sales manager at a local dodge dealer and he told me he’ll talk with his service department and see what they can do. From what he tells me is that it’s not the specific dealers decision to replace them at no cost or deductible. They talk with FCA and FCA makes the decision to pay the dealer for the repairs. If FCA won’t pay the dealer then the dealer must get the money from the customer. Makes sense I suppose from the dealers end but FCA should have addressed this issue and made a resolution up to a certain age of the vehicles effected

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also my buddy said it can matter if the owner had taken the door panels off themselves for any reason, like speaker replacement in my case. He said 9 times out of 10 if the dealer got paid to do the repair and they find out the panels have been handled before, they look the other way since they’re being paid

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
-I shoulda said....make their decision on all vehicles up to a certain year...as Noneill said...And...if they followed Krautmaster advise...Free staple...instead of replace...imagine the cost savings !

·
Registered
183 Posts
-I shoulda said....make their decision on all vehicles up to a certain year...as Noneill said...And...if they followed Krautmaster advise...Free staple...instead of replace...imagine the cost savings !
I can see a problem with the stapling repair idea. If you bought a $80k Hellcat and the door started pealing, would you be ok with staples all over the trim? Even if it’s not that noticeable, its the thought of knowing they just stapled it back together. On probably ONE of the most expensive purchases of your life.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My drivers side is starting to develop a small bump at the edge in the middle. It was replaced in October of 2018.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My buddy got back to me, he said the dealer won’t cover a single thing since it’s out of warranty. Maybe dealers are all assholes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone,

I've been gathering complaints and images regarding the peeling door panels on Dodge Chargers, specifically, the 2015-present models. While the 2011-2014 models have door panels that are visually identical to the 2015-present models, I have reason to believe they used a better quality glue - hence why less of them are peeling after heat cycles/prolonged time. I have rarely seen a few 2013-2014 models with the issue, but it's not consistent.

Dodge seems to honor the 3/36,000 warranty when the car is brought in for this issue, typically replacing all affected panels at no charge. However, once this warranty period expires, it costs a substantial amount of money to replace all 4 door panels. It seems that they are aware of this issue, due to the supply issue with the door panels themselves. Often, they're on back-order for 6+ months. They simply cannot produce enough of them. How much more noise has to be made until they open a recall? They should either start producing all new cars from this date forward with the better quality glue/adhesive on the door panels, or voluntarily fix all older vehicles with the issue at no cost and repair them using a dealer certified method (perhaps taking the panels apart and applying a new glue formula).

My car was manufactured in November 2019, and as such, there is no peeling yet. But it is kept outside, and I expect to see the issue start within 2-3 years. Perhaps someone here knows an engineer that works at the Brampton Assembly Plant, or someone could find a way to contact one and bring this issue to their attention? Obviously, bringing these issues to the dealership Service Manager or Service Advisors is not making its way to FCA Corporate or their interior design engineers.

Images for your entertainment:

Happening right now to my 2015 37000 miles on it. Dealer act as if they never heard of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's starting to happen to my panels as well. I plan on going through customer care, but it makes no sense to get this work done now until the fall. Does anyone know of a decent cover for all of the windows (like snow covers). I Can't really be bothered with a full car cover but will do that if i have to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's starting to happen to my panels as well. I plan on going through customer care, but it makes no sense to get this work done now until the fall. Does anyone know of a decent cover for all of the windows (like snow covers). I Can't really be bothered with a full car cover but will do that if i have to.
Keep us updated with your customer care experience. For me, they wouldn’t do anything unless I went to a dealer and diagnosed it as a manufacturer defect. Which would probably cost a couple hundred dollars due to “labor”

·
Registered
427 Posts
Are your windows tinted?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts