Charger Forums banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got a called from the dealer. Door panel got there and was installed yesterday. Looking good again :)

Got it 2 months earlier so hopefully those waiting will get theirs soon as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got a called from the dealer. Door panel got there and was installed yesterday. Looking good again :)

Got it 2 months earlier so hopefully those waiting will get theirs soon as well.
Glad to hear! What year/make/model do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
SO I have a 2014 RT and recently the door panel has been raising off the edge of the window on the drivers side.

I'm in phoenix so it is probably warping from the heat. I took it to the dealer today but it is out of warranty due to the high milage.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone and how did you fix it.
mine is coming away on the passenger side.. I went to an upholsterand he said it may have been cheap glue and due to heat we have in GA during summer just made it worse. have not fixed aas of yet. but a simple fix nonetheless..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Do you have details? I went to 2 shops & they both said staples cannot be used cause the trim is too high up. They would be visable & too close to the window. They said they can glue it.
Are you in Cali? Name of the shop is American Upholstery in Hawthorne, California. They do a lot of work for Carmax.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Do you have details? I went to 2 shops & they both said staples cannot be used cause the trim is too high up. They would be visable & too close to the window. They said they can glue it.
Yes it would be close to the window the shop put a black suede liner on top of it to hide it...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
When I did one of the doors on Barney, there where two staples that were slightly visible (one in the center, one at the rear by the door lock pull), I put a dab of black RTV over them and they are no longer noticeable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reported problem to Customer care January 2nd. They just replaced my door panel today. Problem was CC & dealer couldn't get on the same page. The part they had in 3 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO I have a 2014 RT and recently the door panel has been raising off the edge of the window on the drivers side.

I'm in phoenix so it is probably warping from the heat. I took it to the dealer today but it is out of warranty due to the high milage.

I have a 2016 RT same problem, and of course out of warranty. Put the window down and pull the edge back to the piont you can see the plastic runner under it. Then put it back, make a piece of wood to sit on top of the problem area then another to stick on top of that to hold it in place when you push it into the door jam. Now you have a jig, peel it back again and put lock tight or crazy glue of the top of the plastic runner. Put it together and put the jig in place to hold it while it gets dry all day or so. It works to fix the garbage door panels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Oklahoma - My passenger door panel is doing the same damn thing on my 2016 Charger R/T.. I have the B5 Blue Blacktop Edition and I’m beyond pissed off. This is my 4th Dodge and I have never come across this problem before but I will most likely NOT be getting another Dodge when I trade it in. Judging from this post, this issue has gone on for years but they don’t care.. We pay good money for these vehicles - this is super frustrating.
Update as of Feb 2020:
I called my dealership they referred me to Chrysler Customer Service … Chrysler took care of EVERYTHING; replaced all three of my door panels that were lifting.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have 2014 SXT Plus and mine has been doin it on the pass side. It was a lil up wen i bought it. then the summer it really started to raise. i havent had it fixed but i saw a guy about it and he said it was cheap glue. wen i get the time tho I will get it fixed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ahhh, I just realized today that this is happening to my 2016 today on both front sides. Weird because 10 months out of the year it's garaged. My mom's 2013 doesn't have this problem and it's never been inside of a garage. Damn, I think Im outside of the normal warranty. I wonder if this is something I can do myself

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Ahhh, I just realized today that this is happening to my 2016 today on both front sides. Weird because 10 months out of the year it's garaged. My mom's 2013 doesn't have this problem and it's never been inside of a garage. Damn, I think Im outside of the normal warranty. I wonder if this is something I can do myself
pneumatic stapler or Gorilla Glue, I've done it both ways... you have to be very careful with placement of the staples or they will show and look bad, but it is way faster than waiting for the glue to dry.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
pneumatic stapler or Gorilla Glue, I've done it both ways... you have to be very careful with placement of the staples or they will show and look bad, but it is way faster than waiting for the glue to dry.
Was it difficult to remove the door panel? I might just do it this weekend if it's something I can remove in less than an hour

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just call customer care & open a claim. Have the closest dealer info ready to give them. They seem to be covering this.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Was it difficult to remove the door panel? I might just do it this weekend if it's something I can remove in less than an hour
Hardest part for my bear paws is unclipping the wiring connectors. Hint for replacement -remove the top rubber weather strip from the panel and install it on the door frame, then put the panel back on..this will save your neighbors from learning all kinds of new curse words and will save you 1/2 hour of fighting with it.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
In other news..this guy is claiming that FCA will rectify it for free...even if you are past warranty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if this is addressed earlier in the thread, but the price on the replacement panels is MUCH cheaper than it was a couple of years ago. I replaced the damaged one (finally) after a year and it was $177 delivered (OEM). $132.16 before the shipping charge. This was for a 2016 SXT AWD Rallye w/beats audio (black). Replacement took less than an hour to install. Order info was below...make sure you give your VIN since there's several different similar part #s....

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
5PF101X9AJFront Door Trim Panel Assembly, Right$132.161$132.16

Subtotal: $132.16
Estimated Shipping to 80817 via Standard Shipping: $45.00
Total: $177.16

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just call customer care & open a claim. Have the closest dealer info ready to give them. They seem to be covering this.
They are definitely covering mine on my 2014 as well. Here's the next issue...they discontinued all the panels for my 2014. One thing after another. Supposedly, panels from a newer model may be compatible...but still waiting on that info. CC and Dealership are working together. Fingers are still crossed, but starting to lose hope. They are looking to replace all four door panels and also the two center console panels that are lifting as well. Only time will tell.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts