Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some asshat gets punchy with you on the freeway, Then YOU have to be the voice of reason and decided that there is too much traffic to risk anytihng....

I was on a five lane freeway in all the way over in the left lane. Then this dumbass in an early 90's vette merges in the far right (three lanes between us).

Well I can hear his motor scream as guns it and gets all the way over untill he's RIGHT next to me...THEN this donkey rev's his engine sounded like he was hitting 7-8k's. I thought he was going to through a rod!

Anyway, fast or not, I would have given him a run for his money. Although there wasn't alot of traffic, there was enough that I didn't want to risk me or him killing someone.

Ahh well, maybe next time. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Some asshat gets punchy with you on the freeway, Then YOU have to be the voice of reason and decided that there is too much traffic to risk anytihng....

I was on a five lane freeway in all the way over in the left lane. Then this dumbass in an early 90's vette merges in the far right (three lanes between us).

Well I can hear his motor scream as guns it and gets all the way over untill he's RIGHT next to me...THEN this donkey rev's his engine sounded like he was hitting 7-8k's. I thought he was going to through a rod!

Anyway, fast or not, I would have given him a run for his money. Although there wasn't alot of traffic, there was enough that I didn't want to risk me or him killing someone.

Ahh well, maybe next time. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.....

Nice job!! This goes to show you that even thought we may road race at times, most of us have the restraint to only pick safe times....

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think some people purposely pick that situation b/c they know that the only way they can beat you is by out-driving you in traffic...guess it helps their egos.

Good for you that you didn't risk it!

·
Registered
769 Posts
You chicken s#!t....just kidding. good job! :rockon:

·
Registered
230 Posts
The best thing to do is tell him to take it to the track. Controlled enviroment and fair starts. Then tell him to put out or get out.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you get caught street racing here, they take your car away FOREVER! Its no nonsense.... Best to keep it on the track

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice job keeping your beast in check. Some a55hats feel the need to race everyone. Dont get me started on Vette owners.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I had something similar to that happen to me last Thursday. I was driving on city streets on a 3 lane road, one road in each direction and the middle change lane. I come up to a stop sign and stop wait for my turn to go. As soon as its my turn I accelerate slowly since I wasn't in any particular hurry. Something caught my eye in my left sideview mirror, it was what looked like an SRT. He tries to get around me since the lane from the stop sign goes from 2 to 1, but he doesn't make it. I go around the bend and he goes wot around me, nearly hits the left rear corner of my Daytona. He pull's back in front of me and again nearly hits me, this time on my front left quarter panel. The speed limit on the road I'm going is 35 and he's probably going 55-60 MPH, when he pulls back in front of me he swerves hard to the left and the right. It looked like he lost control and tries to regain it, he comes up to the second bend farther down the road and breaks hard since a car is crossing the road in front of him. A couple seconds later I come around the bend and see him doing a wide turn across the entire street and come back around in my direction. He turns away from and instead heads to a gas station I just passed. After all this I get a good look at the Charger and see that it's actually and R/T with an SRT hood. It looked like it was once a GMG, but has recently been repainted to a two tone, black on the top half and GMG on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Good job. Save it for the proper time.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I think some people purposely pick that situation b/c they know that the only way they can beat you is by out-driving you in traffic...guess it helps their egos.

Good for you that you didn't risk it!
out driving? does this mean that... they are a better driver? or.... ... yea i think it does.

i can burn ricers in traffic in my 4 door ;)]

not that im one of those... reckless drivers or anything out to get himself killed. maybe its just a part of growin up in houston tho. if u cant drive in traffic. you cant drive.

ida smoked his ass and driven off fine because i would know that i wasnt gonna hit no body ! thats the attitude you all need. ya hear?

old fogeys enjoy your lives too much!

·
Registered
706 Posts
THEN this donkey rev's his engine sounded like he was hitting 7-8k's. I thought he was going to through a rod!
Now 2 questions when did donkey's start driving and 2nd why are donkey's getting so violent lately????

Funny I have problems with Donkey's everyday. :lol:

·
Registered
723 Posts
You were very smart. Its not worth it, hes not worth it, and your car is sitting safe right there at your home without any damage and or tickets.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a asshat in a mustang cobra do the same thing to me. I had my wife with me and traffic was pretty thick. I just kept it the same speed while he made an A$$ of himself trying to bait me into a run.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol thanks guys. I think that I just needed to vent to people who would understand my frustration. I love to show off my car, looks that is. But I dont feel the need to act like my car is the fastest out there cuase I know it's not

On a side note, I have raced a few cars on the street, but it's usually from a dig up until right about the speed limit. I am always concerned with others on the road as I have gotten pissed when dummies decide to drive reclessly around me and my family.

So I'm not perfect, but I always try to keep it safe for others...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
out driving? does this mean that... they are a better driver? or.... ... yea i think it does.

i can burn ricers in traffic in my 4 door ;)]

not that im one of those... reckless drivers or anything out to get himself killed. maybe its just a part of growin up in houston tho. if u cant drive in traffic. you cant drive.

ida smoked his ass and driven off fine because i would know that i wasnt gonna hit no body ! thats the attitude you all need. ya hear?

old fogeys enjoy your lives too much!
Youre a tard.

Yes I love my life....AND my Kids.

Im not much older than you either.

Youre the one kid we will soon read about int he paper/news.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This was actually one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade my Charger. From Day one, every Honda Civic and other douche like model would try to race me on the highway. It was getting incredibly frustrating, and I kept telling myself "wait till I get the Hemi, wait till I get the Hemi".

Shortly after that I remember reading the paper after a long weekend up here in Canada. It seems there were over a dozen fatalities of mostly young people and families. The main reason? Speeding. Guys driving like tards to impress whoever and taking themselves and completely innocent people out with them.

To this day I still tell myself, "wait till I get the Hemi". But it's not to race Jagg off's on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I also sometimes drive too fast but I try to keep it too open roads with no one around. The ticket I got today showing off for my friend has got me thinking even harder about my driving habits. I've got a great family and need to be around for them. I will try to control myself better in the future....
And "Dude" don't hurt someone else proving how "cool" you are..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.