Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just baught a 2010 sxt :banana:.. and i hear some congrads around from family and freinds but don't you just hate it when someone comes up and tell you that you should of got the cammero or challenger because THEY like it better than the charger ....arrggg that just pisses me off and then wqhen they find out its the V6 it's worst .... how you guys handel it ?/.. i just flat out tell em that when its their money they can get what they want .. theyr just jelouse cuz im 21 and gots a bran spankin new charger :)

so anybody got some good storys with comebacks or something .. always good to hear...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I feel you, but I let the car speak for itself.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Not everything is about speed and power, the Charger IMOH is a very classy car if you mod it and make it your own. Dont let anybody hate on you bro!

·
Registered
261 Posts
x2 . I got some **** when i got mine aswell. and they get really pissed when you tell them you could of got the R/T or SRT-8 .. just tell them you like a good challenge .. lol .. and to be honest with you , once you have 3 kids.. yeah the chally or camaro aint cuttin it lol.. 4 door is this **** lol...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well i didnt know the camaro was going to look that good but i fell inlove with it when i saw transformers. I wish i woulda got the camaro or a hemi. Its nothing wrong with a v6 i just wish i saved more money and tried harder to get approved for a hemi. I crave more for v8 sound than speed. I've drove almost every car i've bought to the limit so im pretty much over that but nothing is like that in your seat torque and sound. I tell v8 guys they should have bought a v10 or v12 lol throw it right back at them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love the s**t outta my 3.5L. people say all the time why didnt u get the hemi, i say one for gas and 2 my insurance wud be through the roof, as im only 18 lol and another thing i like the 4 doors i can people in my car, comfortably and i like the leg room bein im 6'6" when people say why i didnt get the camaro or challenger i go, wat car do u have? n they point to that lil old sh*t honda wit the giant fart can and i go exactly and walk away. i truly wudnt trade anything for my car no matter wat any1 says

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I was with a friend at the local GM dealer, dropping him off so he could pick up his truck after it broke down (again...) and one of the sales guys started laughing at my Daytona. He talked me into test driving the Camaro SS 6speed they had sitting there. So, I test drove it, he rode with and I took it on a road just out of town that has some harsh curves, up and down hill - most I could manage around any of the curves was 45mph with an average speed of 30mph. We get back and the sales guy is talking about how well the car handled out there...

I told him to get into MY car (stock 2006 Daytona with exhuast cutouts) and we hit the same road. The SLOWEST speed I hit was 55mph around the worst curve and my average speed was 70. We got back to the dealership and the sales guy didn't say a word, just walked back into the building...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was with a friend at the local GM dealer, dropping him off so he could pick up his truck after it broke down (again...) and one of the sales guys started laughing at my Daytona. He talked me into test driving the Camaro SS 6speed they had sitting there. So, I test drove it, he rode with and I took it on a road just out of town that has some harsh curves, up and down hill - most I could manage around any of the curves was 45mph with an average speed of 30mph. We get back and the sales guy is talking about how well the car handled out there...

I told him to get into MY car (stock 2006 Daytona with exhuast cutouts) and we hit the same road. The SLOWEST speed I hit was 55mph around the worst curve and my average speed was 70. We got back to the dealership and the sales guy didn't say a word, just walked back into the building...
charger-1
camaro-0 haha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lets see you get a Camaro or Chally and watch how much your insurance skyrockets, besides Camaros are nice just a little overated, And Challys are the cream of the crop, even in their 6 cyl. mode they command a long stare.
Be glad your'e in a Charger, it is way more class, and plenty of room

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I haven't heard that one yet... but sure some duma$$ will say it someday:slap:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I just had this happen the other day. Long story short, the guy had an auto SS and we raced 3 times and he got beat all 3 times. Best part was he lost a hundred bucks and tried to buy my car lol!

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I just had this happen the other day. Long story short, the guy had an auto SS and we raced 3 times and he got beat all 3 times. Best part was he lost a hundred bucks and tried to buy my car lol!
haha... nice:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Part of the reason why you couldn't drive as fast thru the turns is because you aren't used to the Camaro while you have a few years driving experience with the Charger.
I would definitely prefer a V6 Camaro over a 3.5L Charger. The GM 3.6L V6 is very new and almost has V8 numbers. 306HP vs a Ford Mustang 315HP 4.6L V8 and way better fuel economy 19 mpg city vs 16 mpg city.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Part of the reason why you couldn't drive as fast thru the turns is because you aren't used to the Camaro while you have a few years driving experience with the Charger.
I would definitely prefer a V6 Camaro over a 3.5L Charger. The GM 3.6L V6 is very new and almost has V8 numbers. 306HP vs a Ford Mustang 315HP 4.6L V8 and way better fuel economy 19 mpg city vs 16 mpg city.

Actually, I couldn't take the corners as fast with the Camaro because it had serious understeer problems at speed. I HAD to slow down because the front end would lose traction entering the corners. I don't have problems adjusting from one vehicle to another, unless its a FWD vehicle...

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I get that comment every now and then "Does it have a Hemi?" "Do you wish you got the Challenger/Hemi/Camaro?" My answer is, "No" I'm happy about every aspect of my car, it does everything I need it to. I wanted a sedan, I did not want a coupe I enjoy going on long road trips and the Challenger and Camaro is not going to cut it when it comes to space for me, my friends and our sh!t. :driving:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So then where is your camaro? :slap:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
So then where is your camaro? :slap:
I bought my 06 Charger more than three years ago. My situation has changed now that I am married so I can't get by with a two door but three years ago I would have considered it.
I will try to keep my 06SXT for another 5 years because I paid $34K after taxes and will be lucky to get $14K for it now. I won't be taking a $20K hit for a car that has less than 20K miles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I get asked about the Hemi all the time, never about the Camaro.

My answer is pretty simple..

Its a commuter car, I drive it back and forth to work. I could have bought anything I wanted.

As for speed I got 2 wheels downstairs that will do 180mph all day.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's pretty rude to tell someone what they should have purchased instead, but I do get asked all the time if my car has a Hemi. I don't blame them though, because my car sure looks like it should. People don't really realize that the Charger doesn't compete with the Camaro, but oh well.

·
Registered
241 Posts

I'm not saying I dont believe you but a new SS will handle circles over a Charger if driven correctly. They put down better skid pad and slalom numbers over Chargers. It doesn't surprise me that you drove your Charger better then the Camaro thou, thats expected. Drive with someone who owns a new SS and has had it for a bit to get use to it like you have your Charger and something tells me it will be a different story.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts