Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had a simliar experience with a crappy ebayer who had great feedback when I had my Laredo. He sold me a custom cup holder but the thing was all awkward and my side window buttons couldn't be reached. I sent him THREE emails and he never responded. I also bought a neutral safety switch for like $120 -- when asking about the products he responded quick -- after he shipped them he refused to even answer an email.

I was stunned he had as great of feedback as he did as well. I'm pretty sure what it is is that people like that have "so much" feedback a single negative won't drop their rating much but if you leave a neg for them they'll do it for you and chances are you don't have nearly as many transactions so you're rating will plummet. Pretty sad --

Anyway, I just peeled my airbag stickers off -- took a few minutes but was relatively easy -- there is a little adhesive left under them so I was thinking of getting some decals like this or so goo gone or 3m adhesive remover and just removing the remaining adhesive and having nothing but the solid/plain visors. Some people say you "can't" remove the warning labels -- I assure you that you CAN and I DID. It isn't easy you just have to pick a corner -- keep working on it until you can get enough to grasp with your fingers and pull it off.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the catch 22. I wanna hammer him on feedback, but I know if I do he will hammer me back. I don't want a negative as I am a eBay seller as well. I hate when people don't give immediate feedback after they have received your payment.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The immediate feedback part I understand and agree with. There are a lot of deadbeats and scam artists on Ebay. I have about 200 transactions and NEVER had a negative but i've dealt with some real scammers. They will put you in a corner and eat the loss or take a neg. Often times if you leave immediate feedback and someone has bad intentions they can put you in a bind -- however, if they have great feedback and you do as well -- not leaving feedback until it's left for the seller (how I run my auctions) prevents a LOT of the scammers from trying to play games.

What is wrong with your decals -- they are too wide and too long or how far off from the originals are they? How do they look -- any good in person?

·
Registered
555 Posts
another thing I just noticed on his 2nd page of feedback he has other people who bought the SAME decals and left great feedback -- sounds like maybe you got a badly printed set.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are too thin. The width is OK but the height is off. I'll post a pic tomorrow, as it's late by me now. The thing that bothers me is he responded super fast when I asked questions prior to buying, but once I emailed him saying I was a bit disappointed after I recieved them he didn't respond. It has been 3-4 days now.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another thing I just noticed on his 2nd page of feedback he has other people who bought the SAME decals and left great feedback -- sounds like maybe you got a badly printed set.
I know, when I saw those feedbacks I figured I was safe. I do alot of research before buying items on eBay. Maybe people just aren't as anal as me, but I expected it to fully cover the old decal. Also the print quality, while being good, it's just not as crisp as what's shown in the auction. I don't think my camera will pick that up, but I'll post the pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
555 Posts
yeah, post the pics -- like I said I had the same crap -- guy responded quick to sell the products but when the cup holder came in as pretty much junk he wouldn't respond to any emails..lol. You can always dispute the charge with paypal -- if you bought 2 that's more then $10 -- no reason to throw money down the drain -- if you aren't going to use the decals that's just a total waste of $$.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sure is weird he'd go to the lengths to write all that and find out all the specs of our chargers, but he never measured the space where his sticker has to go lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to have a friend that was a e-bayer he would have friends write positive comments about him which in turn took him up in favorability even though non of these people bought a thing from him. So as you may know beware positives they could be not so good

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to have a friend that was a e-bayer he would have friends write positive comments about him which in turn took him up in favorability even though non of these people bought a thing from him. So as you may know beware positives they could be not so good
O.K. I understand that tactic when a seller has 20 or so feedback, but this guy has 5552 feedback w/ 99.9% positive. That would cost a hella lot to have your friends bump your account like this. Thanks for the advice but it's not applicable here.:whistle:

·
Registered
555 Posts
yeah, that's definitely not applicable here. A few bumps here and there, but not 5,000 plus. Anyway, I sent an email to several people that bought from this guy and they wrote back saying that the decals ARE ABOUT 1/8 too thin (top/bottom) -- that sucks man -- looks like you did not get a bad batch after all.

Because I removed my original decals if I could get these to stick to the underlaying remaining adhesive that difference in size wouldn't be noticeable -- with the original stickers the other white will stick out pretty badly -- so now it's evident why he didn't reply -- he is WELL AWARE of this issue and is continuing to falsely advertise (sized to fit over original decals for Charger 06-07) in every auction -- very dirty and i'm amazed he got ANY positive feedback.

I can't imagine those look any good with a piece of the original label sticking out.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I bought a set that fit and look great.... b ut there is no link so I can`t tell ya if it was him or not

Scott

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
What was worse was the origonal air bag sticker was a little crooked on my visor.

Scott

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm sure it was the same guy b/c he states directly in his auction that HE CUSTOM MADE these decals.

A batch that was cut slightly shorter may of been produced after you purchased your set -- other members have the same issue as I wrote to them to see if this was a random issue or not -- it isn't random. I'm shocked they left the guy any positive feedback but they did.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My driver's side sticker was pretty crooked -- my passenger side sticker was pretty straight -- either way, more the better that I ripped those suckers off, now they aren't there to be crooked.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I dont know if mine are from the same guy but they fit great and have been on for a lot longer than i thought something I bought for $4 bucks would have....they always get a positive response when someone sits in my car for the first time:)
sorry you had such a bad experience........

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What was worse was the origonal air bag sticker was a little crooked on my visor.

Scott
mine too. passanger side. Too make it worse I installed the new sticker on that one straight so it's all kinda f'ed up now. I had a crazy day today so I will have to take the picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Here is the image I promised. The edge of the purchased sticker is the black. It's too small. And see the lettering is more blurry then the image posted on the auction, it's not my camera it's really that blurry in person.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts