Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sick of the dealership - they are stupid and they do whatever they feel like doing. I was suppose dto have my pcv valve changed theis week and they "forgot"

I also went to another place to get my oil changed, they used 5w-30 instead of 20 - after a long argument, i got my money back.

I decided that for now on im doing this stuff myself. I can do my oil, i did my spark plugs. Now i need to do the following.

pcv valve
cabin filter
throttle body cleaning* dealer said i needed this because i was complaining about my car being sluggish.

how hard is it to do these repairs? i saw a thread on the cabin filter, looks pretty simple.

What about the PCV valve, i can buy it from the dealership - but do not want to buy it unless i can install it...

then the throttle body - im not sure how to do this.......

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the throttle body cleaning the dealer talked about with you takes a special vacuum assembly, so to do a bg/wynns clean you cant do that on your own. All the rest is easy cheesy. Do not just go and spray things into the etc as a throttle cleaning. These things will screw up the etc and also can puddle in the intake manifold, bad news. Let them do the bg clean/fuel injector cleaning but everything else do yourself

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Very simple. It is just connected by rubber hoses. Yank it out, insert new one.

Funny how they would forget to install a PCV. It shuold have been written on the work order. Take the car into a Chrylser dealer, not Dodge.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
actually , this pertains to 5.7's- i dont remember the other motors, but the pcv valve is in a plastic canister at the passenger side back of the intake. You'll have to use some pliers to turn the cap off 1/4 of a turn and its inside.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
well then i answered your question

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want to buy this but cant find it anywhere - does anyone have a link to buy this online...

·
Registered
26 Posts
remember the old saying about working on cars:

"If it don't go, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway"
:lol:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Does you car have the cabin air filter. If so, you just pull it out and insert a new one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i ended up replacing the PCV valve - no problem... ans sorry it wasnt the cabin filter that needed replacing it was the air filter.. I am notricing a huge difference is gas mileage since i changed the air filter..... i got 106 miles on my forst 1/4 tank... never has that happened before....

i looked in my car for the cabin filter and I dont see one in there....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts