Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this might be the first time I have ever started my car under the hood.

Does anyone else throttle body click and tock for about seconds as soon a the key is turnon but not started?

ITs freaking me out a bit because i have never heard it.

Let me know Please?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
tell us your mileage, too. May help with diagnosis.

·
Registered
200 Posts
are u sure its ur TB and not the t-stat opening up?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
The etc goes through a self test prior to start up. after start up your probably just hearing your egr solenoid which is right next to the t/b

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Mine does the same, i even took out my intake to make sure it was the TB and it was.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Agreed, it's likely the EGR switch clicking. Also, since the new HEMI's are throttle by wire, the throttle body could be going through a homing or sweeping test through its range.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its definitely the TB..... I can place my hand on it and feel it.. My EGR is turned off via DIablo..

I just never noticed it

My mileage is 62k.Wow that Ohio trip took a toll. 1500 miles round trip..

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are u sure its ur TB and not the t-stat opening up?
Tstat are heat actuated and open like a snail in a drag race. Also shut the same way too. you wont hear a click.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The etc goes through a self test prior to start up. after start up your probably just hearing your egr solenoid which is right next to the t/b
Hey WIcked....... your name is Nick RIght? WHich TBY was [email protected] LXOHIO? I was actually looking got you to introduce myself to you..

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
ya, i was the one next to you on sunday. was just too busy helping anthony to sit around too long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts