Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your Charger scare people?
I think mine does...

I was driving along this morning when the person in front of me pulled off to the side to let me pass. Then it occured to me, this was the third time it's happened to me since I put the Zoomers exhaust on. I wasn't anywhere near his rear bumper, so he must have heard me coming and looked up to see my SRT's grill in his rearview...

Last summer I put an intake system into my Daytona. I was waiting for my wife to get to the car one afternoon so I decided to rev the engine. My neighbors two girls screamed and ran into the house crying their eyes out.

I was sitting at an intersection in the SRT a couple of weeks ago and the girl at the crosswalk let out a squeal when I pushed the throttle.

I made a guy spill his drink at the McDonald's drive thru too... just pushed the throttle a little and he startled... drinks went flying... kind of funny...

My son loves the way the car sounds, when he's INSIDE it. My wife brought him out to the driveway about a month ago to put him in the back of the car. I revved the engine when they were still on the patio. My son turned and ran into the house....

Is it the way the car looks?

Or the way the car sounds?

It's definately fun!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
UMMM TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION....

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Maybe a little of both. All the zoomers setups that I have heard clips of sound pretty mean. But then again when these cars roll up they look pretty dang mean all by themselves. I let the fiance' drive mine up the road after I got it just so I could see what it looked like coming down the street, and it has a very intimadating look.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Maybe a little of both. All the zoomers setups that I have heard clips of sound pretty mean. But then again when these cars roll up they look pretty dang mean all by themselves. I let the fiance' drive mine up the road after I got it just so I could see what it looked like coming down the street, and it has a very intimadating look.
ive had so many people do the same with my car, just cant stop looking at it, kinda like that armor all commercial where the guy runs over the flowers and goes in to the street on the lawnmower while he staring at his shiny vette...:grin: chargers just look mean...great styling

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only cars I have ever owned that caused people to get out of my lane were my 1984 Impala sedan and my 06 Charger!! I love It!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sure do. I love it when I am ridin down the street and get all the looks. Where I am at there are virtually no other chargers, besides maybe a se or sxt here and there. So when the charger rolls through own with the hemi badges on the sides people just stop and stare. It is a great feeling!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
i scare my friends still when i drive pass
i scare my mom when i leave the house

mopar lt
slp lm1 catback

yea i wake everyone up!!!

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
I had a honda get caught in my grille..... had to use Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover to get it out....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
One time I was driving through a small shopping center parking lot. A guy was next to me on the sidewalk giving me the thumbs up, so I put it in Neutral and revved it hard. A few steps up, a Mother and daughter were walking.....they squealed, jumped and stepped away!!!! They looked scared to death....and then giggled a little when they realized what just happened.
Chase
OUR CARS ARE VICIOUS LOOKING!!!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
give it six more months and it will even scare me

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
There was this one this lady cut me off right before we got to this overpass, so I get in the other land and floor it right under the overpass and zoom around her. Under a bridge, my SLP's get very loud, and I know I scared the living S*** out of her, and she honked at me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got scared yesterday By a Lamborghini thing sounded like a angry God.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I never really realized how intimidating they do look. I kinda inferred it, by the way parents pull thier kids back quickly in the parking lots, even though your only doing 2-4mph.

But when MarylandSRT8 and I dropped off that check at the Calvert County Sheriffs office, he and I left going the same way, so I finally go to see one on the road, undistracted by kids, or being on a racetrack, or wondering how the other 20 cars in line were keeping up:)

Even in silver :))) it looks like some automotive Visigoth, ready to burn and pillage:)

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Even in silver :))) it looks like some automotive Visigoth, ready to burn and pillage:)
he hehe hehehe he hehe you said Visigoth....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you all ever notice at a stop light that just about everyone at all sides of the intersection are usally looking at our cars and talking about them? I let someone drive my car the other day and I noticed this a lot. The driver thought at one time that people were talking to us. I told them nope, they are talking about the car. THis was confirmed when the light changed and the driver shouted, "NICE CAR"

Hell, I have even seen a single driver in a car loking at my Charger and talking out load to themselves.

It's a trip. I know I never get tired of looking at her. She excites me more than any other car I have ever had including all the vettes and other two seaters I have had.

D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Only the last person I ran over! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts