Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK first off long time haven't been posting just got my internet back on, geting to the topic. About 6 months ago i seen this guy who had an all blacked out charger (rims tinting tailights etc.) i see him park his car at the mall so i go over to talk to him about his car. HE tells me its a "Black Hawk edtion" that came from san diego and there was only 80 built by a special company. He told me the specs of his engine was originally a 5.7 bored out to 6.3 liters (guessing thats a 392 kit?) with every bolt on ported heads claiming to make 600+ motor HP upgraded torque conv, kw suspension and 20" rims. i asked him how much was the car, he said $80,000 and its capable of taking out z06's. Now i didnt have alot of time to make him pop the hood and prove all this (i know i really should have) so i took off in extreme curiosity. then about a week later i catch him on the streets and from a red light this guy did a mad burn out from a complete stop as soon as the light went green. This guy had torque i never seen on a charger. I posted this in the CA threads a while back to see if anyone knew him but they were as baffled as i was. So does anyone know if this is for real or what?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very interesting but I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds fishy to, does that place have a web site?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
sounds like BS to me.....but who am I.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah sounds like he had some work done is all. ive seen a forum member with a "night hawk" signature or something like that, and he lists it as 1 of 1

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
You could try contacting the Dodge dealers in the San Diego area and see if they know anything about it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its really buging me now. This guy looked to be in his late 30's or 40's you can tell he had money, i dont see why he would lie about somthing like his car i mean only jack @$$ who dont know anything about motors lie about what they have. The way this guy explained his specs he knew what he was talking about.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
im not gonna be a **** about but sure it sounds too weird, where did that company got the 6.3 engine from? did he say it was hemi ?, huh. did chrysler ever put the 6.3 engine to production cuz i have never heard of it. btw capable a beating a z06 yeah ok.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Did an internet search and couldn't find anything about it, nothing even close. Probably just modded the hell out of it and called it the Black Hawk.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Did an internet search and couldn't find anything about it, nothing even close. Probably just modded the hell out of it and called it the Black Hawk.
+1 on that one dude

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its really buging me now. This guy looked to be in his late 30's or 40's you can tell he had money, i dont see why he would lie about somthing like his car i mean only jack @$$ who dont know anything about motors lie about what they have. The way this guy explained his specs he knew what he was talking about.
chris,
what part of SD?
in 2 years of having the SRT...
I have not seen or heard about this car...
and someone who has done that much probably resides here...
I'll do some digging to help alleviate your concern...:wink:
lates,
cb

·
Registered
584 Posts
$50,000 more than a stock R/T? How would you apply that much money? Or why?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealers sell modded cars, its a heavily modified Ddoge Charger. Some of have read or have experienced the musclecars of the 60's coming out of dealerships that were more than ready for the track:grin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dealers sell modded cars, its a heavily modified Ddoge Charger. Some of have read or have experienced the musclecars of the 60's coming out of dealerships that were more than ready for the track:grin:
I can see a dealer doing this. Hendrick will do one-offs of different vehicles every now and then and then slap some goofy name on them. Odd that you cannot find it on the web though.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
There is a forum member who soemtimes lives in Vegas called WilleyJ or soemthing who has a NASCAR limited edition charger. Said a dealer made like 8 of them or so, so I can believe the dealer did it. Also, the King of Cars, hehehehe, has been putting some GSM superchargers on some srt's. Iknow because one rolled up on me in a parking lot a few weeks ago. Blew me away.

·
Registered
968 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts