Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Does anyone know if the nav system we get in the US cover Canada?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes it works in Canada . Most major cities are covered but if your out in the country you may get only major roads .

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
It does work in Canada but everything shows up WHITE. Even the rivers. So beware when approaching the waterfront... the NAV assumes the river is frozen and is navigable by car.

Seriously though, I have the AD version of the NAV disc and most everything is in there with the exception of a few very new streets. So pretty much all roads from 2004 and prior are there. However, for some reason, there are the occasions where I'm in some really small town up north and the NAV chick will tell me that turn-by-turn directions are not available (the trajectory becomes a dotted blue line to my destination) even though all the streets are there and visible. I'm not sure why the system is unable to guide me in this scenario... no biggie, I just look at the map itself and decide where I'm wanting to turn, but still...

With your destinations, you should be fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It works....If your going to Montreal just type in Stanley Cups.....and boom...It guides ya right in.

Other Key works

Club Supersexxxe
Shwartz's
Peeler
Poutine

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
It works....If your going to Montreal just type in Stanley Cups.....and boom...It guides ya right in.
This only works if you use a NAV disc from the 90s. Modern NAV systems will crash and reboot if you enter the terms "stanley cup" and "Montreal" in the same line.

Nonetheless, I AM a bit disappointed that you don't have the option to show icons for strip clubs when using a downtown Montreal destination (like you can with banks/ATMs and gas stations). But in any case, if we could then the entire SteCatherine street (and most of Laval) would be buried underneath the cluster of icons. LOL!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It does work in Canada but everything shows up WHITE. Even the rivers. So beware when approaching the waterfront... the NAV assumes the river is frozen and is navigable by car.
Yeah.. they showed that on Ice Road Truckers! LOL :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts