Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just installed a R/T stock exhaust on my SXT...also had the AEM brute force CAI installed also...do I need to do anything as far as the computer? or will it learn the small mods on its own.

·
Registered
928 Posts
it will re learn on its own, takes about 200 miles or so to fully break in.

or you can pull fuse 11 (for a few min then put it back in) and start from scratch.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Hey, I just installed a R/T stock exhaust on my SXT...also had the AEM brute force CAI installed also...do I need to do anything as far as the computer? or will it learn the small mods on its own.
Most people say it is best to pull fuse 11 after installing any mod.

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
I did the Fuse 11 reset after I installed the R/T exhaust on my SXT. I noticed a small, but good difference right away! And it's a quick and easy thing to do, too.

Rlatts: did you keep the clamp system on the front of the x-pipe, or have that cut off? The clamps are 1/4" Dia. larger than the pipes there. My shop kept the clamps, and added a "ring" of metal under it so they'd fit... I've had consistent problems with leaks there, and I'm going to have them cut the clamps off and make sleeves that fit right.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
6 of one - half dozen of the other

I have done the fuse pull before and felt a big difference. I did a fuse pull before racing one night and couldn`t tell anything.

Scott

·
Registered
928 Posts
you just need to do the front one, just fyi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.