Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Superchips website, the Part Number for the Superchips Flashpaq on the Charger is 3825 and it states 2005-2007 year models, but on several retailers sites, I am seeing a warning that this part is for 06 and earlier only. Does anyone ahve this item on an 07? Is this just simply a software update if I do buy it? I bought a Jet Stage 2 before I did my homework on here today and I can return it for credit or pay a 15% restocking fee. The same dealer sells the SC, but no others such as B&G or Diablo and if I can know the SC will work with my year, then I will just exchange it for the 3825.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The 3825 will work on the '07 Charger. I believe they had some issues with the transmission early on, but I think that has been worked out. Hopefully someone with an '07 will chime in.

Ed

·
Registered
368 Posts
07TorredHemi: If you do trade the JetII for the SC 3825 (I would) just make sure you register on flashpaq.com and download the current files before you install the SC tune.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!

Also, does the SC need the 180 degree T-Stat? Is there any thing special about different brands of T-Stat. The one that Jet sells costs 30 bucks and I see other genric ones for 6-10 bucks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
goto autozone and get the generic one. im sure some1 will chime in cuz i cant remember the part number.

but supposedly the generic one by motorad at autozone is the best... or at least most widely used if nothing else

·
Registered
368 Posts
07TorredHemi: The SC doesn't require the 180 Tstat, but you can use it if you want.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The 3825 will work on the '07 Charger. I believe they had some issues with the transmission early on, but I think that has been worked out. Hopefully someone with an '07 will chime in.

Ed
Yes, the 3825 will work. I have an '07 Road & Track and had serious issues downloading software. A few check engine lights and finally my transmission locked up due to incompatible software. I was told that there were software "glitches" with some '07s. I worked with Ron @ SC... between him and their Dodge engineers, they were able to come up with a fix for me... v1.11d. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
No issues at all with mine.......works on my 07.

- Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts