Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the Charger fom Maryland to Myrtle Beach South Carolina last week. I only saw 1 other Charger the entire trip, (he was going northbound on 95 in NC somewhere). I did not see any at the beach or on the way back. I've only seen 2 other Chargers on the road since I bought mine on 7 June.
Are these things not selling, or are you guys keeping them in the garage?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If it ever left the plant, I would!!!!! :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I plan to drive the hell out of mine if I ever get it.

You are right though... I haven't seen one on the road yet.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I drive mine everyday :D I probably see another Charger every other day or so. I usually see 3-5 magnums daily and even more 300s around. It also seems like I see a mustang every minute, but none of them "want to go". But you also have to take in the fact that Vegas is a tourist town and most of the 300s and mustangs are just base V6 rentals :sick:

However, I know some people in town get to see at least 1 Charger fly by them each day...:whistle:

·
Registered
608 Posts
:) :happy: :) :whistle:

·
Registered
831 Posts
i've seen about 4 in this month here in l.a. i rather not see a lot. i rather have a rare car not somethin that everyone else has. turns more heads and people are curious to know what it iz :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I picked up my SXT on May 28 and just cracked the 6,000 mile mark this morning. I commute to Orlando Monday-Friday every other week (carpools save gas!) :angel: but can't stop driving it on weekends. I have no complaints about my other vehicle (2003 Isuzu Axiom) but why would I want to drive anything else now? In June, I rarely saw another Charger. Now I see them every day (not a lot but you can't help notice!). Since I am in close proximity to the House of the Mouse, I do not know how many of them are fleet rentals but have noticed the R/T wheels on most I saw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in MD also and haven't seen a Charger on the road yet. I do get to see 7 of them everyday on my way home from work. I pass a Dodge dealer on my way home.

What dealer did you get yours from in Maryland? I'm close to ordering my R/T with the Road & Track package and I've talked to Heritage, Antwerpeen and Schaefer&Strominger (S&S are jerks). How was the dealer, did you get a good deal or a great deal?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that I don't want to see a lot on the road.
You can't throw a dead cat around here without hitting a new Mustang, BMW 325, or a Chrysler 300. I don't think I want have what everyone else has.
It's like my V-Rod. It's not a popular bike on the east coast. I maybe see 4 others in a month when I'm out riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine from Waldorf Dodge.
Got a fair deal I think.
It was the 3rd Dodge, (Stealth, Ram 1500), from them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I drive mine every day. I now have just over 4,000 miles on it and I have gone from NC to NY and back and all over NC. We take my R/T everywere now instead of loading up the Mini Van. The van is only used for shopping now because we can not trust those door jamming parking lot trolls. Had to get my door fixed once already. I have had my R/T since May 18th and have only seen 5 other Chargers on the road. And my Dealer now has 7 Chargers in the lot 1 SXT, 6R/T's one with the road and track pack. Maybe they just hav'nt picked up yet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have only seen one and I wont have mine for a year or so. I think having a rare car is way cooler than one you see all around like a Mustang. Thats why I liked my other R/T's so much. I have a 2002 Stratus Sedan R/T and a 2004 Dodge Neon R/T. I am holding out another year so I can get out of being upside down on the loan.

·
Registered
549 Posts
VRod said:
I agree that I don't want to see a lot on the road.
Yeah. Here in the Midwest when the Charger first came out I took an R/T for a test drive and being as that it was the first on the road in St. Louis I got tons of looks (Strangely enough it all seems like a dream).

VRod said:
You can't throw a dead cat around here without hitting a new Mustang, BMW 325, or a Chrysler 300. I don't think I want have what everyone else has.
Likewise cause you can't throw that same dead cat around here and not hit Mustang's, Camaro's, BMW's, Jag's, Benz's, 300's, or Magnum's. The dealership that I deal with has about 22 Chargers on their lot from time to time and at first I saw on every day for a week. Then I saw one getting sideways a week later. One was following me home a week after that and then poof....it was like they all of the sudden were garaged and I saw none for a month straight. I have been seeing them again about once every few days but nothing like the New Mustang where I could be driving in traffic and see 10+ every morning and evening.

My phases of like towards the New Mustang:
1. Oh my god that car is just awesome.
2. Cool Car and it looks to handle well.
3. Can't fit in the damn thing with the seat all the way back but still nice.
4. Eh it is ok....damn there sure are alot of those around

lg68jcu said:
I wont have mine for a year or so.
Same here and I am hoping to get the SRT-8 but if I can't I hope my wife is prepared for me to do some more spending on a car that I said I wouldn't since the SRT-8 has everything I want and all the power I desire. But if I can't get it then it looks like I am getting an R/T and modding the snot out of it to the full extent of my warrenty.

Later

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hopefully they sell well but not like the 300's. It's good for us and the resale value
that things are a hot car. i hope I don't see alot of blinged out gawdy looking ones.
These are muscle cars especially the RT and hopefully the blungsters will stay at
home with their 300's. These will look great with some 22's and lowered but none
of chrome pillar crap and chrome mirrrors that just say Ghetto fabulous.

Let's stay true to the American muscle car DODGE CHARGER !!!!!!!

BADDEST CAR ON THE ROAD PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here along route 80 in NJ I have yet to see another one on the road although I am in mine everyday. I see few magnums but 300s seem more popular here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DoctorNo said:
I picked up my SXT on May 28 and just cracked the 6,000 mile mark this morning. I commute to Orlando Monday-Friday every other week (carpools save gas!) :angel: but can't stop driving it on weekends. I have no complaints about my other vehicle (2003 Isuzu Axiom) but why would I want to drive anything else now? In June, I rarely saw another Charger. Now I see them every day (not a lot but you can't help notice!). Since I am in close proximity to the House of the Mouse, I do not know how many of them are fleet rentals but have noticed the R/T wheels on most I saw.
I was in Orlando last week with mine doing the Mouse thing with the family. have the Magnesium R/T. I just went over 5000 miles while there.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
My phases of like towards the New Mustang:
1. Oh my god that car is just awesome.
2. Cool Car and it looks to handle well.
3. Can't fit in the damn thing with the seat all the way back but still nice.
4. Eh it is ok....damn there sure are alot of those around

Man, that is DEAD-ON!

When I first saw the 05 concept in 2001(2?), I was like, "That's it. That's my car. As soon as I can afford it, when I'm done with school." Well, school's only been over for a year or so, and I'm sick of the Mustang.

As far as the original topic: I haven't seen a single Charger here.

Sorry Dodge, but I'm glad. I hope you sell less than a thousand in Ohio. I currently drive a Cavalier, and ... let's just say I've walked up to the wrong car on numerous occasions, trying to figure out why the key didn't work.

·
Registered
549 Posts
epoch said:
Man, that is DEAD-ON!

When I first saw the 05 concept in 2001(2?), I was like, "That's it. That's my car. As soon as I can afford it, when I'm done with school." Well, school's only been over for a year or so, and I'm sick of the Mustang.

As far as the original topic: I haven't seen a single Charger here.

Sorry Dodge, but I'm glad. I hope you sell less than a thousand in Ohio. I currently drive a Cavalier, and ... let's just say I've walked up to the wrong car on numerous occasions, trying to figure out why the key didn't work.
Yeah I am not a Ford fan but I originally liked the car and then like all the rest of the Stangs it got old really fast. This isn't to say that the car is ugly but it doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Just talked to my brother who is a delivery guy and he tells me that there are tons of then in St. Louis but I am not out and about as much as he is so I wouldn't see 'em all :(

Later

1 - 20 of 27 Posts