Charger Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Torred392Daytona,
This update doesn't remove standard valet mode.

Rob
Dodge Cares
According to the article posted above it replaces the current valet mode so we will lose that unless they changed the way they are doing it.

Here is a clip from that article:

"Earlier this year, the Dodge brand announced plans to launch the Enhanced Security Mode, which replaces the standard Valet Mode."

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi Koron,
Can you clarify your question?

Rob
Dodge Cares
I have a 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody built in July. Can I add the Intrusion Module and how much does it cost? Do you have a brochure and picture and part numbers for a field install kit?

·
Registered
756 Posts
According to the article posted above it replaces the current valet mode so we will lose that unless they changed the way they are doing it.

"Earlier this year, the Dodge brand announced plans to launch the Enhanced Security Mode, which replaces the standard Valet Mode."
Can you confirm with Software Engineering. It’s unfortunate if normal Valet Mode is lost.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

Hi ShowKiller,
We understand your concern. We will double check with our internal source and reached back our with an answer.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody built in July. Can I add the Intrusion Module and how much does it cost? Do you have a brochure and picture and part numbers for a field install kit?
Greetings Koron,
As the Customer Care Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your Dodge dealer would be in the position to advise on this inquiry.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
756 Posts
Greetings Koron,
As the Customer Care Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your Dodge dealer would be in the position to advise on this inquiry.

Rob
Dodge Cares
So the answer is No, the 2021 Widebody cannot have the dealer install the new Intrusion Module? It is only available on factory orders on a 2022 model?

If so then I have to purchase a 3rd party car alarm like all other past Charger owners have had to do. It doesn’t really make sense to me since it would make more sense for Stelantis to sell a made for Dodge factory alarm (Intrusion Module) to existing customers. I never liked 3rd party alarms with a 2nd keyfob and my dealer didn’t offer installation of any alarms.

EVTS is a GPS tracker like the UCONNECT services already subscribed to,

INTRUSION MODULE
The last new security system that Dodge has developed is the Intrusion Module, which will be offered for the 2022 model year Challenger and Charger. Standard on Scat Pack and SRT Hellcat models while being optional on SXT, GT and R/T models, the Intrusion Module will detect a window being broken or anything moving inside the vehicle while also incorporating an inclination sensor. If someone breaks a window, reaches in through an open window or tries to tow the car away, the alarm is activated in a similar fashion to many popular aftermarket alarm systems.

This measure can be deactivated via the radio head unit in the event that you park the car with people inside, or if you are hauling your Challenger or Charger somewhere in a trailer.

When you pair the Intrusion Module with the Key Programming Lockdown, thieves will not be able to create a new key, nor will they be able to break in or tow away a Dodge Challenger or Charger without the alarm blaring.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
So the answer is No, the 2021 Widebody cannot have the dealer install the new Intrusion Module? It is only available on factory orders on a 2022 model?

If so then I have to purchase a 3rd party car alarm like all other past Charger owners have had to do. It doesn’t really make sense to me since it would make more sense for Stelantis to sell a made for Dodge factory alarm (Intrusion Module) to existing customers. I never liked 3rd party alarms with a 2nd keyfob and my dealer didn’t offer installation of any alarms.

EVTS is a GPS tracker like the UCONNECT services already subscribed to,
If you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your Dodge dealer would be in the position to advise on this inquiry.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

Eagerly awaiting the response from Software Engineering.
Greetings,
After completed the new security update, your valet mode will be replaced with the new enhanced valet mode.

Rob
Dodge Cares

• Sad
Reactions: Torred392Daytona
21 - 31 of 31 Posts