Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang....so I, like many others have been waiting for the security update that will limit engine power unless a PIN is entered at start up. Whenever I ask local dealerships about it, they have Z E R O idea what I'm talking about.

Fun.

So while looking it up I came across this and I don't know if this page is legit or not but, this could explain the delay. It was supposed to be released Q2 of this year..

What do you think?

Also have this pic of my car. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Widebody Scatpack
18 Posts
I just received a letter in the mail to come in for this update the other day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You lucky dog. I assume it's from the dealership you bought from? And your car is pretty much brand new?

I wonder how it'll work for us second or third owners.

·
Registered
2021 Widebody Scatpack
18 Posts
You lucky dog. I assume it's from the dealership you bought from? And your car is pretty much brand new?

I wonder how it'll work for us second or third owners.
Yeah, I bought my widebody scat in June. I think the letter was actually from Mopar, I can check later. The funny thing is I have been waiting for 2 months to get the friction discs they ordered to stop by performance rotors from clicking. Been very frustrating clicking around every turn... I guess they can do this too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I bought my widebody scat in June. I think the letter was actually from Mopar, I can check later. The funny thing is I have been waiting for 2 months to get the friction discs they ordered to stop by performance rotors from clicking. Been very frustrating clicking around every turn... I guess they can do this too.
Hot boy summer in the wb scat let's gooo! 👌

Well, good luck give us an update here once done? :D

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Someone, sometime, will enable this speed restricted antitheft feature, and for whatever reason it won't disable.

Before they enable it I would ask what the process is if locks out the code holder.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone, sometime, will enable this speed restricted antitheft feature, and for whatever reason it won't disable.

Before they enable it I would ask what the process is if locks out the code holder.
I'd imagine nothing to be until at dealership. So either you idle rpm to the nearest dealership. Or if not feasible, flatbad. :)

Prove you're the owner and... unlocked.

....for a fee.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Hi Torred392Daytona,
We are happy to inform you that the security infotainment update for 2021 Dodge Challengers and Chargers is now available! Please use the link below to learn more about our new security features.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Thanks for posting Rob. Any info on how to unlock ESM if the code is forgotten by a family member, or it locks out after a few tries.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Torred392Daytona,
We are happy to inform you that the security infotainment update for 2021 Dodge Challengers and Chargers is now available! Please use the link below to learn more about our new security features.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Is this a robot? If not....that's the same link I posted 😬

If not a robot, do tell if anything is different for your Canadian consumers. As something always seems to not apply to us.

·
Registered
2019 dodge charger ScatPack
24 Posts
Yea i too was wondering where is was now that i have a scat pack definately tryna get it. Let us know when they tell you to come in for yours. From what i read its ONLY AVAILABLE right away for 2021 scats and cats.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Is this a robot? If not....that's the same link I posted 😬

If not a robot, do tell if anything is different for your Canadian consumers. As something always seems to not apply to us.
Not a robot, just confirming this link is the best source of knowledge. We suggest contacting our Canadian Customer Care team. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: Contacts | Stellantis. or by phone via: 1-800-361-3700

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Yea i too was wondering where is was now that i have a scat pack definately tryna get it. Let us know when they tell you to come in for yours. From what i read its ONLY AVAILABLE right away for 2021 scats and cats.
Yes, currently this update is only available for 2021 models.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a robot, just confirming this link is the best source of knowledge. We suggest contacting our Canadian Customer Care team. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: Contacts | Stellantis. or by phone via: 1-800-361-3700

Rob
Dodge Cares

Thanks Rob, I'll do that. (y):)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Me too, came in an envelope from FCA. Same envelope that recalls show up in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Rob
Dodge Cares
Hi Rob, can you confirm that this update, enhanced valet mode, removes regular valet mode? Meaning we will no longer have the version of valet mode that guys have now?

Because that is quite useful for when dropping cars off for service or other scenarios/ actual valet.

And you wouldn't want to limit your service guys to just idle RPM.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Rob
Dodge Cares
What about the Intrusion Module? Can this be added to a 2021 Widebody?

As for the Intrusion Module, it senses glass breakage, movement inside the vehicle and vehicle inclination, sounding the alarm if there are any changes. It will be offered for the 2022 model year, standard in cars with the 392 and SRT® Hellcat HEMI®engines and available in V6 and 5.7-liter-powered models.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Hi Rob, can you confirm that this update, enhanced valet mode, removes regular valet mode? Meaning we will no longer have the version of valet mode that guys have now?

Because that is quite useful for when dropping cars off for service or other scenarios/ actual valet.

And you wouldn't want to limit your service guys to just idle RPM.
Hi Torred392Daytona,
This update does remove standard valet mode.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Me too, came in an envelope from FCA. Same envelope that recalls show up in.
Hi ShowKiller,
Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your update.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
What about the Intrusion Module? Can this be added to a 2021 Widebody?
Hi Koron,
Can you clarify your question?

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 20 of 31 Posts