Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge just pulled the drapes off of the its second car to receive the 707-hp supercharged Hellcat V8 in Detroit.

Today the company confirmed and revealed its new Hellcat-powered Charger sedan at Vinsetta Garage before its public debut during the Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend. The new super sedan is supposed to be capable of a top speed of 204 MPH, which is five MPH faster than the Hellcat-powered Challenger. Like that car, the range-topping Charger also gets a modified front fascia to help the engine gulp air.

Learn more about the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the Dodge Charger Hellcat is now a reality for most enthusiast. Here are two questions that I haven't read about on the forum.

First of all what will be the extra amount of money spent on the "gas guzzling tax"
and here is another question. What will the insurance premiums be on a car with 707 hp?
I sure would like to know those two amounts..

Big John

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the Dodge Charger Hellcat is now a reality for most enthusiast. Here are two questions that I haven't read about on the forum.

First of all what will be the extra amount of money spent on the "gas guzzling tax"
and here is another question. What will the insurance premiums be on a car with 707 hp?
I sure would like to know those two amounts..

Big John
The gas guzzler tax is $2100. According to my insurance agent, the cost of the insurance (for me) will be the same for the Hellcat as it would be for any other V8 model. Full replacement coverage is dictated by the purchase price only.

Reactions: R/T MUSCLE

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Gas guzzler is also included in the advertised MSRP for the challenger. I doubt charger will be any different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice work, Dodge...

Its just fantastic that Dodge is making these Hellcat cars. Many people don't see it that way; but I bet many members of this forum do!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Its just fantastic that Dodge is making these Hellcat cars. Many people don't see it that way; but I bet many members of this forum do!
"If you missed the first muscle car era, don't miss this one." - Tim Kuniskis, President & CEO Dodge Brand, SRT Brand, Head of Fleet Operations

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Tim seems like a cool dude. I really enjoyed him on Leno's Garage with the Hellcat Challenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts