Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Magnum rt or srt8 owners ? Happy owners ?

Being that the Magnum is not being made anymore , should one not consider buying a used one ? Parts may be harder to get. Just thinking.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
They are great cars and they share numerous parts with the 300 and charger. Parts are not scarce.

Find a nice used on and make a deal. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I owned a Magnum SXT AWD before I traded it for the SRT. I loved that car and I wish I still had it in the driveway...next to my SRT!

Finding an SRT version is hard to do, they didn't make many and owners don't want to part with them.

Parts aren't any harder to find than the Charger or 300 of the same years.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
SRT-8 magnums are so bad ass! I've only seen a handful of them, and every single one of them stole my attention.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read an article that the decision was made by one top executive to dump the magnum and that there were others that were opposed to his decision. The man that dropped it is no longer with the company. Retired I guess.The new boss is planning on bringing it back so look for the possibility of the magnum coming back.

I saw a red one pull in a bank the other day and I gave it a double take. Looked great to me.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I looked at one and liked it but it just didn't have enough cargo space to justify the wagon body style for me

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at one and liked it but it just didn't have enough cargo space to justify the wagon body style for me
---------------------------

You would think being a wagon it would have plenty of space. For some reason the wagon doesn't look spacious as a charger or chrysler 300.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
x2

We were originally looking at a Magnum before we bought the first Charger.

As others have said there really isn't any issue with parts as so many are common with other LX platform vehicles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yes, SRT8 Magnums are somewhat rare.. but there are over 50 for sale on AutoTrader.
a couple with relatively low miles.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Just before I bought my 07 Charger, I was looking at Magnums. The garage I had at that time was short and I would have barely been able to squeeze the full length of the a Magnum in there. Anytime I see one now, I still take a good look. If I were to run across on at a decent price, there might be another Mopar in my garage.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
They will not produce another magnum, the sales just weren't there.

SRT Magnum was an awesome grocery getter.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Just before I bought my 07 Charger, I was looking at Magnums. The garage I had at that time was short and I would have barely been able to squeeze the full length of the a Magnum in there. Anytime I see one now, I still take a good look. If I were to run across on at a decent price, there might be another Mopar in my garage.
Magnum is the same length as the charger.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Magnum is the same length as the charger.
I never actually measured either car. I was going by measurements posted to the Dodge website at that time and the Magnum was listed as being a good bit longer than the Charger.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Wagons with sleek rooflines look cool but can't carry that much

Wagons with boxy rooflines carry a lot but may make you look like Mr. Brady

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I never actually measured either car. I was going by measurements posted to the Dodge website at that time and the Magnum was listed as being a good bit longer than the Charger.

The Magnum is almost 3 inches shorter than the Charger and the same length as the Chrysler 300. The Charger was a few inches longer than all of them. :driving:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I don't think 3 inches makes much difference in the garage

In the bedroom.....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I almost ended up with an '07 Magnum SRT with 26,000 miles on it for 26K!!! I was going to debadge it and run it as a sleeper car, but I didn't want to pay for premium fuel. And the Charger just looks so much better. But if you can find an SRT Magnum I would pull the trigger no doubt

*EDIT* It's still for sale where I saw it, I just checked. PM me if you want the link, has a clean CarFax. I think it's a steal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts