Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I just bought my car about two weeks ago and noticed that there was a surface scratch on my car running from the driver's door to the front headlight. I also noticed that the leather interior had some "dirty" spots on it, so I called my dealer and let him know what was up. He graciously agreed to pick up the car and leave me with a loaner vehicle for a couple days so they could detail the car. Well.....I picked it up today. Good news - scratch is buffed out and gone :grin: . Bad news - spots are STILL on the leather and now, there are white car wax flakes ALL OVER THE ROOF!! , along with the new addition of tire shine COATING the sides of my black Charger :fuming: I noticed as soon as I got there and told him they needed to fix it. He agreed that they would pay to have me get it detailed at the shop of my choice. I appreciate them attempting to take care of it, but how hard is it to detail a car???? I'm just ranting. please forgive me. I have few loves in this world and my car is one of them :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Where'd you get your car?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
"Detail shop of your choice.." Dude, shut up and give em' a break.. they are bustin' their a###es for ya. :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They send me a free wash coupon about every 3 months and I never use em. I've seen and talked to the guys working in that bay, and I'm not impressed, plus something would come up missing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you love you car that much why are you letting someone besides you touch it.

The only one that details my car is me and Zaino.

So get yourself some Zaino and you will not be disapointed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you love you car that much why are you letting someone besides you touch it.

The only one that details my car is me and Zaino.

So get yourself some Zaino and you will not be disapointed.
I know how to wash and detail a car myself. thats not the issue. This is not just a dusting that can be washed off. this is dryed wax. The issue is that I just bought a $32,000 car and i would like it to be delivered in near new condition and that would include a decent wash/detail. So you're telling me that you would buy a new car (150 miles on the odometer) and then find scratches and stains in the car and just say "oh well, let me clean get out the cleaners and start cleaning" - come'on you cant be serious. and for the record i did come home and completely re clean it, but again the flakes are not coming off and the rubber at the top of the passenger door is WHITE now.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That is the one thing you DO NOT delegate out to others!!!! NOBODY TOUCHES YOUR CAR EXCEPT FOR YOU!!! In that position you should have simply asked for an AutoZone gift card, to pay for microfiber towels and detailing supplies! And then put in the work yourself. When I bought my car from the dealer, I specifically asked them to NOT touch it beforehand, and that I wanted to be the one to inspect it and wash it myself!!
Chase

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nobody cares for it the way you do.....somebody always jacks it up!!! Sorry to hear that man. :( Hopefully they'll make it right dude.....I feel your pain.
Chase

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the one thing you DO NOT delegate out to others!!!! NOBODY TOUCHES YOUR CAR EXCEPT FOR YOU!!! In that position you should have simply asked for an AutoZone gift card, to pay for microfiber towels and detailing supplies! And then put in the work yourself. When I bought my car from the dealer, I specifically asked them to NOT touch it beforehand, and that I wanted to be the one to inspect it and wash it myself!!
Chase
I think I like that advice and I may just have to cut my loses. now that I think about it.... i do talk about my cars an awfull lot. I'm obsessed.:wax:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here is what it comes down to. Dealers sell cars and are suposed to be the experts at that. Detail shops detail cars and are experts at it. You can't expect someone to be an expert in everything just because they are experts with one thing that deals with cars. However, I do feel for you. It blows royaly.

Any way just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I know how to wash and detail a car myself. thats not the issue. This is not just a dusting that can be washed off. this is dryed wax. The issue is that I just bought a $32,000 car and i would like it to be delivered in near new condition and that would include a decent wash/detail. So you're telling me that you would buy a new car (150 miles on the odometer) and then find scratches and stains in the car and just say "oh well, let me clean get out the cleaners and start cleaning" - come'on you cant be serious. and for the record i did come home and completely re clean it, but again the flakes are not coming off and the rubber at the top of the passenger door is WHITE now.
Well if you'd cleaned it up yourself it would have taken 5 minutes and been done right. Now you've engaged yourself in the cycle of incompetency that's just going to lead to ever increasing rage and frustration.

Yes, your car should have been delivered in better shape, but it's not worth the stress. I factory ordered mine and took delivery of it with 6 miles and even my car was dirty when I got it. Rather than fight that battle I just took it to the car wash.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if you'd cleaned it up yourself it would have taken 5 minutes and been done right. Now you've engaged yourself in the cycle of incompetency that's just going to lead to ever increasing rage and frustration.

Yes, your car should have been delivered in better shape, but it's not worth the stress. I factory ordered mine and took delivery of it with 6 miles and even my car was dirty when I got it. Rather than fight that battle I just took it to the car wash.
I know, I know..... I'm learning. And unfortunately, to get her at least presentable (come on, she deserves that) took me about an hour and a half :eek: I'll finish the rest of the work myself this weekend and post pics. Thanks guys for giving me an audience to speak to :smoke:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here is what it comes down to. Dealers sell cars and are suposed to be the experts at that.
HA! Ok I guess they are supposed to be the experts, but thats not reality. I wonder how many people would be upset to find when they leave their car for an alignment, the dealer sends it to Firestone for an alignment. Of course they don't all do this, but the Dodge dealer closest to my home doesn't even own an alignment rack.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had the same gripe/problem with my car on delivery.

They did not have a car that fit my specs in state... so they got one from SC. I told them either they flatbed it up here or I will be beyond anal retentive on the finish of the car when it gets here.

They paid some 70 year old guy to drive it up. Fine.

Came covered in bugs an a few paint issues.

I had to send it back to detail FIVE TIMES.

Okay... detailing is one thing... but at LEAST get the damn bugs off the car. That should not take rocket science.

And same thing with the leather. There were weird marks on some of the seats.... And then whatever goop they put on the plastic splashed up on the leather and spotted it... Made them clean that to.

It's not so much about detailing as it is about giving you a clean car. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

As it was there was a scratch from one side to the other on my bumper because some knucklehead must have been wearing a ring when wiping it down.

You pay $30k+ for a car it should at least be clean.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I agree that the car should be delivered clean but I have to say that dealer is really going out of his way to try and help you out. You don't read too much of that here.
-J

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah I guess it depends on the dealer. I had the same problem with my R/T. It has spots all over the leather, the seatbelts, the headliner, etc. Took them three times to get it off, but they did it. Also they waxed the car and didn't even bother to clean the door jams and trunk lid area. I had to do it myself. My dealer was great about it, and I did not give them a hard time. I agree with everyone that said if you paying for a new car, they should give it to you in as new conditions as possible. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree about not having any scratches. That would tick me off as well. As for the spots on the leather, that they should also take care of. For me, I had some dirt marks on the driver's door and decided to take care of them myself. I knew I had the correct cleaner at home and didn't want the dirt to get smudged and wiped into the vinyl.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
For what they pay those "lot boys" at dealerships, you cannot expect a perfect job. Most of them just want to get the car out the door. Especially if the salesman is rushing the job. They don't care about the appearence like us "enthusiasts" would.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The issue is that I just bought a $32,000 car and i would like it to be delivered in near new condition and that would include a decent wash/detail. So you're telling me that you would buy a new car (150 miles on the odometer) and then find scratches and stains in the car and just say "oh well, let me clean get out the cleaners and start cleaning" - come'on you cant be serious.
I completely agree with you. That car better be in mint condition when you drive it home. Give the dealer credit though, they are trying to make you a satisfied customer. Just take them up on their offer and take it to a pro.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
My dodge dealership details my car everytime I bring it in, wether its something major or a rattle in a A/C vent.....everytime I get it back in showroom condition

1 - 20 of 28 Posts