1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Does it come with the perf package?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a Daytona. Up until a few days ago, it was a yellow Daytona R/T. They just touched up the photo. It still has the front spoiler and if you look closely, you can still see part of the R/T badge on the grill.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I noticed the fragments of red color where the R/T badge would be too. Good eye noticing that front air dam. Now that I notice it too I spy with my little eye Daytona rims!

I suppose some graphic designer thought it would be easier to gray out the car for the boss.

So that's good for us who want to modify a regular R/T and put on a Daytona grille/bumper and wheels. Now all someone has to do is re-apply those R/T emblems on that pic by using a program like Roxio which can angle the cropped image and presto, a modded Charger courtesy of Dodge.com

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have to say that the black accents for the Daytona really stand out on the Bright Silver color. I am ordering a charger with the performance package. It comes with the black pocket rims, like the Daytona. I figure the front rear spoilers will be cheap add-ons later.
I had planned to order it with Midnight Blue but I'm now thinking Bright Silver.

decision, decisions
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

·
Registered
17 Posts
YES! That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing a Silver Steel metallic R/T w/perf pkg and a black daytona grill! Only other thing would be to add the SRT8 5spoke rims, but in an 18" size instead. Oh, and make the Brembos an upgrade option....drool.... maybe add the front splitter too? :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
TommyLee said:
Mopar offers the Daytona grille as an accessory...
I shall be all up ons, as soon as I get that catalog. The R/T grille is something I said I wanted to swap in, way back when I got the car 4 wks ago .

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think dodge is making a big miscalculation by only putting out 2 colors for the daytona a year. My reason...

I do not like the go-mango, too much copper for me, yellow is ok, but i will not spend 30,000. on a color i don't like as much when i know that other cool colors are on the way, ( plum, sublime, etc. ). So I am going to wait.
The problem is that while i am waiting, it is possible that the competition will introduce something that will sway me to their product., I can also lose the interest that i now have in the charger. If they had the other colors now I would buy a daytona now. I hope dc will re think this.

Also note that Those colors might work ok for the 300, but this is a charger and someone at DC ought to know that, these colors are horrible.
Where is a better red, a better blue, hemi orange, plum etc. :mad:

You are losing sales with these old fart colors, you are hurting your cars image. Just ask anyone on this site if they like the color choices for the charger and RT and daytona.

·
Registered
79 Posts
CHARGERMARC said:
I think dodge is making a big miscalculation by only putting out 2 colors for the daytona a year. My reason...

I do not like the go-mango, too much copper for me, yellow is ok, but i will not spend 30,000. on a color i don't like as much when i know that other cool colors are on the way, ( plum, sublime, etc. ). So I am going to wait.
The problem is that while i am waiting, it is possible that the competition will introduce something that will sway me to their product., I can also lose the interest that i now have in the charger. If they had the other colors now I would buy a daytona now. I hope dc will re think this.

Also note that Those colors might work ok for the 300, but this is a charger and someone at DC ought to know that, these colors are horrible.

You are losing sales with these old fart colors, you are hurting your cars image. Just ask anyone on this site if they like the color choices for the charger and RT and daytona.

Me personaly love the Daytona Colors. But with you could get them or at least some other colors on the SRT.

As for you not liking the Daytona colors why not just get a charger R/T with the package and if you really want to you can get the Daytona grill from mopar and throw it on with a spoiler. The graphics will be easy to get and then you will have the looks and same performance as the daytona in what ever color you want.

Now if only the daytona had an srt option to get the 6.1, the 20's and the brakes..:)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
CHARGERMARC said:

What are the other colors on the way? You have any links or pictures?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Regarding the part number for the black grille does anyone know of it or knows where i can purchase one from. An ASAP answer will gladly be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
All the add-ons available for order/pre order are shown on this site. If you go to makeitmopar.com and call their 800 number, then provide the accessory p/n or have them look it up, you will most likely get a good discount.

My Satin/Silver Bezel was list 74.00, but makeitmopar sold it to me for 56.00, ask for Sam or Damon...

http://www.leeparts.com/charger.html#exterior

This link is a good one to have in the favorites list.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have to say that the black accents for the Daytona really stand out on the Bright Silver color. I am ordering a charger with the performance package. It comes with the black pocket rims, like the Daytona. I figure the front rear spoilers will be cheap add-ons later.
I had planned to order it with Midnight Blue but I'm now thinking Bright Silver.

decision, decisions
that's very true, even my stock black mirrors look great with the Bright Silver !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts