Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What Dodge Chargers if any do you have now ?

I have a 72 Rallye & a 66. Hoping to add a 68-70 & if they don't mess up this new one as a 4dr only maybe a new one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I used to own a triple green '68 and a white/black '69 R/T SE. Sold 'em to buy a Viper GTS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MoparMan said:
I used to own a triple green '68 and a white/black '69 R/T SE. Sold 'em to buy a Viper GTS.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: WHY MAN??? I have a 1968 Dodge Charger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D Hay all, been a long time since I have been on here. I see that some of you guys already own chargers, good.

Well I have a 68. Facotory 383, auto, a/c, pdb car. It had a pretty good amount of options.

I have owned this car sice 1986!! Yes, a long ass time. I have done quite a bit to this car in the past few years. 4 wheel wilwood brakes, with all stainless lines, new springs, new sure grip diff, bigger tor bars, adj strut rods, tub upper control ars, my design frame connectors, 17" weld billet wheels, and the best improvement that I think was worth evry last penny was, the rack in pinion I designed and installed.
I started off with a quick ratio power box. I am not sure if it was how it was rebuilt, or if this was the way it was supposed to feel but, I hated it from day one. I must of tried 100 diff thing to better the feel of the front suspension, with no luck.
With the rack, the car feels, steers great. And the best part, I chopped a little over 100lbs of the front end.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound like a nice car. I just pick-up another Charger . This one is a 72 bare bones not one option on the hole car. It was bought to be a race car and the 1/4 is it's home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
KMPX2 said:
Sound like a nice car. I just pick-up another Charger . This one is a 72 bare bones not one option on the hole car. It was bought to be a race car and the 1/4 is it's home.
Thanks!! I am about 95% done with the mech part of the car. i am currently getting it ready for paint! :D I ahve been putting it off for like 2 years. something always came up, not this time. While I have the engine out, I am going to make some improvments to the engine compartment. I am going to close up all the holes that are not being used, eliminate the A/C tubes, find a better place for the trans cooler, alum rad, elec fans. I am also going to pick up some edel alum heads.
I would like to have the engine compartment as wireless as possible so, I have to figure out a way to hide the wires and vac tubes for the headlight doors.

I would like to post some pictures but, I do not know how. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
'68 Charger R/T, 440.

It was used as a prop in that horrid Johnny Depp/Charlize Theron movie The Astronaut's Wife. Thankfully whatever footage of it that was shot was left on the cutting room floor. (What a garbage movie!!!) Afterwards, a tree limb fell on it and the engine's getting soft. But recently I've had the driveline completely redone along with new suspension including poly bushings. What a difference! :D Brakes come next. I sure do like that SSBC kit A-156-2. Ultimately the plan is to turn what I can't do over to "Restorations by Julius" and have them really go to town. But I'm going to need a big payday from the MBA I'm working towards before that can happen!

The good thing is now that I realize the new Charger is going to look like such a dog, the payments I was going to use on it can now go into the '68, a true Charger instead of a wanna-be! I'm still so let down by that C&D rendering. Say it isn't so!!!

Get real. Get mopar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts