Charger Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have been wondering if it is possible to get a 2014 Dodge Charger SE to 320 to 330 HP without Supercharging of Turbocharging. I have bought a K&N 63 CAI (Cold Air Intake for those who don't know what CAI means) and it gave me a nice growl and around 8 HP but I have been looking for a little more. Now I see that CAI such as the aFe Momentum Cold Air Intake can give you up to 20 HP so im wondering if this is true and I should switch my CAI? Also what are some other ways I could gain HP because I am tired of people wanting to race me in Honda's and im afraid I will loose. I know the Dodge Charger has an engine lock at like 114 or 117mph or something like that so I plan on getting a Programmer. But right now im just kinda confused on what will give me the most horsepower because I feel like people always just recommend the name brands and thats fine but im questioning if those are really the best for what I want and I want a powerful car, not a family sedan but I want people to know that it is a powerful car. But at the same time I dont want to be just another punk teenager I want my car to sound good not obnoxious but a nice good car. Any help is great anyone post suggestions because im pretty damn tired of people busting on Dodge.
I just put a mopar CAI on my car along with NGK lazer spark plugs they where 15 dollars a piece but u get what you pay for i have also had a tune put on it and it runs alot harder MAJOR DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
5 Posts
First of all, a V-6 Charger is NOT a muscle car, it is way to big/heavy, it is just a fun to drive family car. If you want a muscle car, then you need the hemi V-8.

With a true dual exhaust, CAI, and Diablo tuner I was able to get 310 HP...not much more is available without turbo/super charging.

The tuner will change the way the cars drives, especially at part throttle (more fun) but in my case it turned out to make it a bit slower: .2 seconds slower to 60 mph, and .5 seconds slower in the quarter.

To get the most out of the tuner you will have to data log and then get a custom tune, which I haven't bothered with, as the tuner was causing my transmission to do a weird double shift in 1st gear and throw code 0741 (torque converter) when I used cruise control in the mountains. I deleted the tune and the transmission has been behaving like it should.
Just for info: this comment proves by itself that you can’t listen to this guy. He tried to mod his car and made it slower - IN HIS OWN WORDS. And when someone asks for advice for a Challenger V6, the last thing that helps anyone is some pompous ass saying, “First of all, a V-6 Charger is NOT a muscle car, it is way to big/heavy, it is just a fun to drive family car. If you want a muscle car, then you need the hemi V-8.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, my Rallye already has a pretty free-flowing dual exhaust, might do some work on it for a better sound at some point, and looking at a K&N CAI on amazon that costs half as much as the Mopar one and still uses a dry media filter.

Other than that and a tune, I don't think there's much more that can be done. I agree with the 310 ceiling, if you're lucky. You might be able to program the transmission for faster/higher shifts, but not much more you can get out of this motor. They did a pretty good job honestly of wringing every last bit of power and efficiency they could out of it, mainly for gas mileage I think.

I still find it amusing that only 10 years ago, the Mustang GT was doing 300 horse with it's 4.6, and the muscle cars of yore's net numbers, even on some of the performance engines, were usually lower with heavier cars...though the grunty torque just isn't there with the Pentastar...

Give up...go with the Supercharger...so I know if it's worth it...:D...
What we have in this thread is a bunch of people who have pompous attitudes and know nothing about what they’re talking about. Can you get more than 5 extra ponies out of your 305hp v6, OF COURSE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NO intake is going to give you 20 extra hp. Doubt you got 8 from your K&N. That's what the manufactures claim, but not true numbers.
Anyone can OBSERVE WITH THEIR OWN EYES what a CAI can add to a V6 on a Dyno. The main reason why any other CAI will help is by eliminating the bottleneck “pancake tube” that comes on the stock intake. I have NO DOUBT but you can always take it from Mr Pompous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So do these things work or not?

Ok guys now I'm starting to get confused because I am getting mixed signals that some mods work and that they also don't work. I am going to get the tuner but I need to know if mods like a Ported Throttle Body or throttle body spacer actually do anything. Please help:serious:
Unless someone shows you an observable Dyno test on video don’t listen to the pompous ass types.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You're a little late to the party, professor.

These posts that you're frothing at the mouth about, spraying all caps and spittle all over the forum? They were were posted more than five years ago.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're a little late to the party, professor.

These posts that you're frothing at the mouth about, spraying all caps and spittle all over the forum? They were were posted more than five years ago.
ROFL are you really that incompetent that you assumed I can’t read a date? LOL!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts