1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I came accross this on You Tube... I don't speak spanish, but you can read the performance stats in P2 and it looks like Charger outperforms the Camaro SS and Mustang GT in all aspects... pretty surprising!

0-100kmph
SRT 5.6
SS 5.8
GT 6.5

80-0kmph
SRT 18M
SS 21M
GT 22.8M

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dZdgA5CfgQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqJkbY2InmA
Looks like everyone has a different set of numbers for the cars. Who really knows, but I like these numbers.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I know spanish and was good to hear the SRT8 taking #1 on everything.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can any one make out the number of the dash of what car number that is. I think 235 but not really sure?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow that mustang is one boring looking car. The new GT500 would be the only trim i would even consider rest are dull. Dealers around here cant give the 2010 away. The interior improvement was good but dam those exterior tail lights are horrid. Camaro great looking car as well as that charger. They both in a different league imo. Ford designers better get there crap together fast they are wrecking there car again with bad idea's.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Can any one make out the number of the dash of what car number that is. I think 235 but not really sure?
Hmmm, south of the border, I think that was #542 of 425.......

;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
all those number are really high 0-100km is 0-62mph roughly 60mph here is what i have seen in mags on avg.

srt charger 4.8
camaro ss 4.7
mustang gt 5.0

there all pretty close with the camaro actually being the cheapest in price

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I don't understand why the GT was included. That is like comparing a GT500 to an R/T
It's like the recent Car and Driver that compared the SS to the R/T Challenger. WTF?

To be fair they need to compare the SRT to the RS in the next issue. :slap:

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's like the recent Car and Driver that compared the SS to the R/T Challenger. WTF?

They did it that way because they are similar in price. The SRT is alot more expensive than an SS (well....MSRP)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't understand why the GT was included. That is like comparing a GT500 to an R/T
Agreed – I always laugh when I see/ hear about the SRT8 being compared to the Mustang GT’s. Apples to Oranges. GT500 is the line they should be comparing and the real mags do.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
They did it that way because they are similar in price. The SRT is alot more expensive than an SS (well....MSRP)
Yeah but once the Camaro is optioned to a similar trim level to a bone stock SRT8 the price isn't much different.

Most buyers who compare a SRT8 to a SS won't want cloth seats in their Camaro.

It would be cool if Dodge did offer a cheap stripped SRT8 in future years though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow that mustang is one boring looking car. The new GT500 would be the only trim i would even consider rest are dull. Dealers around here cant give the 2010 away. The interior improvement was good but dam those exterior tail lights are horrid. Camaro great looking car as well as that charger. They both in a different league imo. Ford designers better get there crap together fast they are wrecking there car again with bad idea's.
Totaly agree. I walked by one the other day and thought it was a celica or something. Ford really screwed up a good design. Dont like the front either. Like you said, Camaro is a different car. They should have put out the concept front end you see on "bumble bee" the tranformer. I like it but I would'nt trade my SRT for it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most buyers who compare a SRT8 to a SS won't want cloth seats in their Camaro.
Nope, but there will be a ton of people who are rocking an SS with cloth seats, which is a GREAT thing. It cracks me up that no matter what way you slice it (V8-to-V8, V6-to-V6), the Camaro is Cheaper and more performance then a Challenger. I DON'T get why you would compare a Camaro and 'stang to a CHARGER, since it's a sedan. Apples to oranges there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Then why do they compare the CTS-V to the M5 and the E-class AMG?
Maybe they all have somthig in common, like I dunno. . . 4 doors?

Not sure what your point is man.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nope, but there will be a ton of people who are rocking an SS with cloth seats, which is a GREAT thing. It cracks me up that no matter what way you slice it (V8-to-V8, V6-to-V6), the Camaro is Cheaper and more performance then a Challenger. I DON'T get why you would compare a Camaro and 'stang to a CHARGER, since it's a sedan. Apples to oranges there.
Uuuuuuh...this one's real easy. Could it be cause the Mustang, Camaro and Charger are all classic american muscle cars? Didn't some of these cars of old have kind of a hatchback? Or is that gonna throw a wrench in the loop for comparison sake? :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts