Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,273 Posts
I think the Charger and Challenger's are going to at least hold their value for the next 3 to 5 years and maybe increase after that. Seems like many people are having issues getting a new one now so going used is looking like the right move.

Right now interest rates are sky high so now is a terrible time to try to buy if you have to finance. Not to mention the new ones are so damn high it's offensive.

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,366 Posts
Interesting list, but Mercedes? really, they have been falling like a stone as they drive off the lots.
Idk, ours is holding its value fairly well.
I’ve been offered $3-5k over what I paid for it.
It’s also garage kept and only 24k miles on a 2015.

Wife loves it though, so it’s not going anywhere. plus it would cost me more to replace it with an equal car.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Its all where you look, this is the list of cars that lost the most. Oddly the list include a lot of the one that said the retained the most. This is from Motor Trend
These 10 Used Cars and SUVs Dropped the Most in Value Since 2021
  1. 2019 Hyundai Nexo - 16.2% decrease
  2. 2019 BMW i8 - 14.9% decrease
  3. 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - 13.2% decrease
  4. 2019 Toyota Mirai - 13.0% decrease
  5. 2020 Toyota 4Runner - 13.0% decrease
  6. 2019 Mercedes-Benz S560 - 12.3% decrease
  7. 2018 Dodge Challenger - 11.7% decrease
  8. 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class - 11.5% decrease
  9. 2018 Chevrolet Suburban - 11.2% decrease
  10. 2020 Toyota Tundra - 11.0% decrease

· Registered
7,564 Posts
I read that article months ago and bad fuel economy and high fuel prices were the main culprits. Why those specific vehicles were singled out when there are plenty others in the same category with bad fuel economy still mystifies me.

· Registered
2007 SRT8 with Danko Shaker, Cat back & Coil overs, kicker, 85mm BBK, god speed, sway bars, shiftkit
153 Posts
Nissan drops like a rock unless GTR.
Toyota and Honda usually maintain cause last a long time with maintenance. Understand MPG. Why 1st Gen (2000-2006) Insight prices are up cause 70 mpg hwy EPA. Yes I've seen over 73mpg myself.

· Premium Member
3,130 Posts
All this said, the PRICING of said vehicles, both new and used, does not currently reflect the noted "loss" in value.
As I have previously said, MSRP seem to be the place to start these days, if not some ridiculous amount above it.
Then, there are the nonsense add ons that many dealers have have declared are mandatory, ie, Scotchgard, paint sealers, and such.

Don

· Registered
2007 SRT8 with Danko Shaker, Cat back & Coil overs, kicker, 85mm BBK, god speed, sway bars, shiftkit
153 Posts
Can argue and have add on pricing removed for those. Just keep saying I don't want it and not paying for it.
I have a can of paint sealer ;) pain to "wipe" off I'm told.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts