Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for my Mopar brothers. Will it be better to buy a turbocharger kit or make my own custom kit? What are the list of things I need? Do dealerships put on turbo chargers?
For Dodger Charger R/T

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I have one of these.

Light Product Wheel Font Red

Reactions: Bustangs

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,671 Posts
I have a question for my Mopar brothers. Will it be better to buy a turbocharger kit or make my own custom kit? What are the list of things I need? Do dealerships put on turbo chargers?
For Dodger Charger R/T
In all honesty and not joking around, the list is simple. You'll need 2 things.

1- Have between $25k- $40k saved up and ready to spend

2- A reputable builder to do the work.

That's the best plan.

· Registered
8,285 Posts
In all honesty and not joking around, the list is simple. You'll need 2 things.

1- Have between $25k- $40k saved up and ready to spend

2- A reputable builder to do the work.

That's the best plan.
Alternatively, save up $50-60k and buy a used Hellcat. At least then you'll have something you can resell when you get bored with it later on and readily available parts if/when you break it.

Best,

Reactions: Punisher69

· Registered
3,671 Posts
Alternatively, save up $50-60k and buy a used Hellcat. At least then you'll have something you can resell when you get bored with it later on and readily available parts if/when you break it.

Best,
Chances are a fresh build will hold up better than a used Hellcat. You know they've been ridden hard and put away wet.

· Registered
2021 Hellion 422 Twin Turbo
1,550 Posts
Mine is the Hellion sleeper twin turbo setup.
easy to install yourself.
kit starts at $8500
then also add another $10-15k for engine and drivetrain upgrades to handle the power, unless you plan to run under 5psi boost…not sure what 5.7 handles, but 6.4 can do up to 5psi without mods.

· Registered
3,671 Posts
Mine is the Hellion sleeper twin turbo setup.
easy to install yourself.
kit starts at $8500
then also add another $10-15k for engine and drivetrain upgrades to handle the power, unless you plan to run under 5psi boost…not sure what 5.7 handles, but 6.4 can do up to 5psi without mods.
I can tell you by the fact he asked if the dealer installs turbo kits...he ain't doin it himself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts