14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
The car you linked is very nicely optioned. The Plus Group in the R/T give you HIDs, you don't get HID with the Daytona unless you add the Driver Confidence Group to it otherwise the packages are similar outside of the Daytona graphics and seats. The Daytona comes with 20x9 wheels (with same 245/45 tires) but the R/T you linked happened to have the Performance Handling Group which gives it not only the 20x9 Wheels but also Brembo 4 piston brakes and the high-performance suspension (similar to a Scat, sits about half inch lower than Daytona or R/T with performance suspension).

Unless you really like the Daytona graphics they aren't very special anymore now that the regular R/Ts get the performance fascias and Super Track Pak standard. I don't consider the "cold" air intake valuable and the 20x9 wheels are nice but not a huge upgrade over 20x8 (at least until you upgrade the rubber).

If I didn't buy my car used and got to option it like I wanted I probably would have gotten the Plus Package and the Performance Handling group, those are the best bang for your buck options. The NAV and Blacktop package are a waste of $2,000 IMO and I can't fit in the car with the silly $1,300 sun roof!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Plus package is excellent but the Daytona to me is a special spec. If you like the satin hood graphic roof and rear graphics then the Daytona is for you. You also get nice accents on the interior as well as special seats. I really like the Daytona package and almost got one over my Plus package spec.
The ONLY reason I didn't go Daytona is I feared the graphics as I feared they would get damaged and I would hate the car afterwards. Most say this isn't the case but I'm so anal about how i keep my cars it would kill me.
BUT I went with a Pitch Black Plus go figure that out LOL.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The way I look at it the Daytona is closer to a Blacktop Package in that it is mostly cosmetics.

I think the real value/bang for the buck is to get the Plus Package with the Performance Handling group, that is $4,095. The Daytona is $4,000... for that $95 extra you get HIDs, Brembo Brakes and the High-Performance Suspension. You'd have to add another $2,045 to the Daytona to get those goodies (Performance Handling Group + Driver Confidence Group).

I think they should make the Daytona Package $5,000 and give it HIDs, Brembos/High Performance Suspension and the 3.09 limited rear from the Scat. That would make it a good deal and a nice unique package.

Don't they still put 6 piston Brembos on the Daytona 392? Then it would make sense to put 4 piston Brembos on the Daytona 5.7

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Daytona I posted was a 2018. Anyone have a 2020 to compare? The 2018 shows super track pack and the handling suspension like my Road and Track has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
The Daytona I posted was a 2018. Anyone have a 2020 to compare? The 2018 shows super track pack and the handling suspension like my Road and Track has

My point is now every R/T comes standard with Super Track Pak and the "performance" suspension. In 2015/2016 the R&T package was special because you got the Super Track Pak and the 3.06 open diff and the package included HIDs too and the embroidered seats etc. It was a nice distinct package. These days the Daytona is more cosmetic outside of the 20x9 wheels since most folks don't value the cold air intake. Once they started offering the Super Track Pak in 2017/2018 and made it standard in 2019 I think that takes away from the value of the Daytona package unless you really like the graphics and seat design.

You can get way more real performance benefit by stacking Plus Group with Performance Handling group for $95 difference. FCA should give the Daytona 4 pot Brembos and the Scat suspension with 3.09 limited diff to give it a real differentiated slot.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Here is a 2020 Daytona 5.7 for sale at Carmax, very base only Daytona package. I see they dropped Daytona package price to $3,495 from $4,000 which makes sense now that the performance fascia and super track pak suspension are standard on the R/T:

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDXCT7LH129969

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car you linked is very nicely optioned. The Plus Group in the R/T give you HIDs, you don't get HID with the Daytona unless you add the Driver Confidence Group to it otherwise the packages are similar outside of the Daytona graphics and seats. The Daytona comes with 20x9 wheels (with same 245/45 tires) but the R/T you linked happened to have the Performance Handling Group which gives it not only the 20x9 Wheels but also Brembo 4 piston brakes and the high-performance suspension (similar to a Scat, sits about half inch lower than Daytona or R/T with performance suspension).

Unless you really like the Daytona graphics they aren't very special anymore now that the regular R/Ts get the performance fascias and Super Track Pak standard. I don't consider the "cold" air intake valuable and the 20x9 wheels are nice but not a huge upgrade over 20x8 (at least until you upgrade the rubber).

If I didn't buy my car used and got to option it like I wanted I probably would have gotten the Plus Package and the Performance Handling group, those are the best bang for your buck options. The NAV and Blacktop package are a waste of $2,000 IMO and I can't fit in the car with the silly $1,300 sun roof!
Okay, Thank you so much for answer my questions!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Btw do you know if there is any difference with the exhaust?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Btw do you know if there is any difference with the exhaust?
Nope all V8 Chargers have the same 2.75 inch active exhaust. I'm not aware of any tuning difference on the "flap" operation between models at least within the same engine. The Track modes on the Scat and SRT might have valves open more often than Sport button on 5.7 but nothing special for Daytona.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope all V8 Chargers have the same 2.75 inch active exhaust. I'm not aware of any tuning difference on the "flap" operation between models at least within the same engine. The Track modes on the Scat and SRT might have valves open more often than Sport button on 5.7 but nothing special for Daytona.
Okay, thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts