1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is:

It's a Go! Dodge to Build New Charger With Even More Muscle
Friday June 4, 9:40 am ET

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Dodge is charging ahead with plans to build a modern version of its legendary muscle car the Charger.
Come see us in Motown when it's really cold.
The press release almost seems like a hoax.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MoparMan said:
The press release almost seems like a hoax.
I'm starting to think that it might be a hoax, actually. It is more than a little weird that it's not listed on media.daimlerchrysler.com.

It's also not listed on PRNewswire.com, though it is on Bloomberg. :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sentence "Come see us in Motown when it's really cold" is what makes me think this is bogus.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Apparently it was on the DCX Media site this morning. And it appears to have been put on the wire and then retracted. Very strange indeed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It was posted in the DETROIT NEWS.

58Hawk, I want you to read the part of the Charger design...HINT

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hemi - I'm not saying that it didn't come across the wire, I'm saying that it may have been released by a DCX employee as a joke or a hacker released it "on behalf" of DCX.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It came from inside DCX -- it was put on the wire via their PRNewswire account and it was on media.daimlerchrysler.com for at least a couple of hours.

Either it was a hoax, a very strange mistake, an insider reaching out to the hardcore Mopar fans, or somebody's idea of an unorthodox marketing tactic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No matter how you slice it the release was bizarre and immediately pulled. I'm not sure if it's worth reading anything into that or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MoparMan said:
The sentence "Come see us in Motown when it's really cold" is what makes me think this is bogus.

That makes me think it's going to be introduced at the 2005 North American Int'l Auto Show in Detroit, which happens in January, when it's really cold out!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morbo said:
That makes me think it's going to be introduced at the 2005 North American Int'l Auto Show in Detroit, which happens in January, when it's really cold out!
Well, yeah, I understood what the sentence meant, it just doesn't seem like wording that would be used in an official pres release from DCX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMHO It said what it needed to say for some of us that follow this thing on a minute by minute basis.

A somewhat cryptic press release that was only posted for a few minutes get ferreted out and within hours is on autoweek.com.

That had to make the good folks in Auburn Hills prett happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts