1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
looks to be just the halo kit, not hid conversion.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
To anybody who has these, are they actually bright enough to see when driving at night? (sorry to jack your thread LOL)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Who makes the actual halo kit/headlight replacement kit so that it's just plug and play?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Did you read the product description?

" Kit includes the following:

(2) Charger 8000K CCFL Hi Beam Halo Rings
(2) Charger 8000K CCFL Lo Beam Halo Rings
(4) Demon Eye Ballasts
Charger Specific Wiring
Installation Written Instructions
Everything you need to add Demon Eyes to your Headlights!
BONUS: Instructions to Custom Paint the Housings"

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you read the product description?

" Kit includes the following:

(2) Charger 8000K CCFL Hi Beam Halo Rings
(2) Charger 8000K CCFL Lo Beam Halo Rings
(4) Demon Eye Ballasts
Charger Specific Wiring
Installation Written Instructions
Everything you need to add Demon Eyes to your Headlights!
BONUS: Instructions to Custom Paint the Housings"
Yes I did read it, Im not car savvy at all...when i read this im thinking its gonna be some type of ring of light...that will replace my oem lights... thats the purpose of this thread...for an answer to my question...not to answer my question with another question.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes I did read it, Im not car savvy at all...when i read this im thinking its gonna be some type of ring of light...that will replace my oem lights... thats the purpose of this thread...for an answer to my question...not to answer my question with another question.
Uh well, maybe you're just not word savvy at all... you asked if it was either an HID conversion kit or just the HALO, well it's just the HALO. But how you came across the idea that a HALO was a headlight replacement I'm not sure, anyways it's just a ring that goes around the headlight to look pretty, no actual functionality in a HALO. You can put them on whatever headlights you want, HID or halogen, but you still have to have the headlights...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are these headlights HID ready? As in are the projectors that are built into these lights ready for an HID upgrade?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
the angel eyes or halos whatever you want to call them were introduced by bmw as a way to get aroung daytime running lights and still have the perks of having day time running lights so that is the functionality of them. however it was embraced heavily by the import world and has grown in popularity every where else too. so now they are more for cosmetic looks instead of funcionality. imo they looks great and am divided between those or the projector headlights that are on ebay. but yes from the sounds of it this would be all you need to hook it up. if you arent familiar with the process you have to take off the front bumper and take the headlights out to bake them in the oven to break the seals on them and to finish them up.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh well, maybe you're just not word savvy at all... you asked if it was either an HID conversion kit or just the HALO, well it's just the HALO. But how you came across the idea that a HALO was a headlight replacement I'm not sure, anyways it's just a ring that goes around the headlight to look pretty, no actual functionality in a HALO. You can put them on whatever headlights you want, HID or halogen, but you still have to have the headlights...
yeh im not word savvy...does that make you happy now...well ask the company why they have the word hid in there...and apparently i wasnt the only one asking if it was the kit or just the halo...so thanks for your smart reply...the second sentence was all that was needed as a reply!!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the angel eyes or halos whatever you want to call them were introduced by bmw as a way to get aroung daytime running lights and still have the perks of having day time running lights so that is the functionality of them. however it was embraced heavily by the import world and has grown in popularity every where else too. so now they are more for cosmetic looks instead of funcionality. imo they looks great and am divided between those or the projector headlights that are on ebay. but yes from the sounds of it this would be all you need to hook it up. if you arent familiar with the process you have to take off the front bumper and take the headlights out to bake them in the oven to break the seals on them and to finish them up.
Thanks Hemi....Greatly appreciated :lol:

·
Registered
789 Posts
NO can't use them to drive at night. These will not replace headlights even though they are bright.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which hid color temp is close to that of the maxima, bmws...etc...all the hid sites i go to says 8000k based on the description...but some people are telling me 6000k and others say 10000k?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Stock is 4300k pure white. best lighting. Although, I do see a lot of HIDs at 6000k(blueish). I think it looks very cheesy/cheap with anything brighter than 6000k, again IMO.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock is 4300k pure white. best lighting. Although, I do see a lot of HIDs at 6000k(blueish). I think it looks very cheesy/cheap with anything brighter than 6000k, again IMO.
Ok cool...I appreciate ur info man.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here are some images of mine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
so again back to my original question, are the qangel eyes HID ready? or no?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts