Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I recently bought a 2014 charger that was a cop car. When the charger gets commissioned/upfitted for the department the factory horn is disconnected in order to connect a siren.
I tore my car apart for 2+ months looking for where they disconnected the factory horn and I had no luck. So i decided to call up my local PD and ask who up-fitted their vehicles. I called the company and finally found out that some up fitters disconnect the horn by the BCM located in the passenger side kick panel.
The wire for the horn is disconnected however the siren is connected to the original wire. So what I had to do was disconnect the siren wire and reconnect the horn wire (he horn wire would be hanging around somewhere).

I really hope this helps someone out in the future and saves them the time and effort it takes to look under the dash, under the hood,fuses, glovebox, console etc. I’m going to attatch a diagram that shows which wire is for the horn. (2011-2014 model).

p.s. I am posting this becauseI was looking all over for a solution and I couldn’t find any on any fourm what so ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
We get this no horn question so many times it would be nice if when whoever gets theirs fixed that they come back and tell exactly how you fixed it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
One problem is there's no standard for how they add in equipment so it still always comes down to trouble shooting your own specific car. Most cut the wire wherever its the most convenient.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
You would think that of all people, the police departments ought to at least make sure that all the required safety equipment on the cars they sell ie: including the horn, is functional. Seems like an incredible double standard and almost fraud to me. Yes we are just going to cut the wires to the horn and say nothing about it and just pass it along to the unsuspecting next owner and let him struggle to figure it out. There's just something wrong with that!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
Its buyer beware like any used car. The police typically sell their cars as is and usually at auction so there's no guarantee that anything works. It's like saying people shouldn't sell a car with bald tires or needing brakes. If it's a dealer selling it ready to slap plates on it for someone to drive off with then you'd expect everything to be good with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts