Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of dodger angel eyes off ebay, but my problem is they want $150 for installation. is this reasonable and can i do it bymyself ? i am not a genius either lol

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
you can do it yourself, there are threads about this somewhere on the forums.... It doesnt look hard but its time consuming

·
Registered
83 Posts
you WILL have to bake your headlights to install yourself... not a terribly difficult thing to do, there are many here who have done it with no problems. If you don't feel comfortable baking your own headlamps, then it may be worht it to pay them to do it.... but I wouldn't worry about it too much... go ahead and give it a whirl.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If your a newbie at installs I recommend getting them professionally installed. These thing crack easily and the whole baking and resiliconing has casused a lot of fogging issue for a bunch of people.

·
Registered
416 Posts
On top of the baking you will have to take apart the entire front end including the front bumper.
You are looking at a whole day operation.
Or two days if you follow their instructions.(Not necessary).

I've done it myself and it came out fine.

·
Registered
885 Posts
People are making this out to be so difficult. What are all you people? Baby boomers who can't get out of your hoveround to work on this stuff yourself? I did it in one night with no issues whatsoever. Taking off and reinstalling the front end is a 15 minute operation both ways once you look at where the bolts are. Baking the headlamps, installing the halos, and putting them back together is an hour total per lamp, not counting chill time of maybe 30 minutes each to let the epoxy set some before closing them back up. If you can't turn on an oven, use a drill, or apply epoxy, then yeah, you need to pay someone to do it for you because you are probably not capable of ironing your own pants, either. Or maybe that is just sub-30 youthful exuberance...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
This is very reasonable. That is what I was quoted and I was very pleased with it. The labor can be around 4 hours and a lot of places will charge $75 an hour so $150 is great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.