1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
112 Posts
Right... so let me get this straight. The moment after I pick up my Charger, I've got start a new pocket change fund?

Well, if I must. :wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
HOLY MACKREL!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
castrol said:

The August issue of Road & Track has a tiny blurb about the possibility of Chrysler resurrecting the Challenger using the LX platform currently dedicated to the 300/Magnum/Charger trio.

More...
Is there any way to post the pic from R&T?

BTW, this concept pic is MUCH better than the R&T concept.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If the challenger is going to look like this(which I highly doubt),I will buy 2 of them!!!!For now though I would be happy to get my charger srt-8 when it comes out!! Very hard waiting though,I hope it becomes available soon!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I need to say this and some may not like it. Its been itching in the back of my mind for a while since these different drawing of the Challenger "concept" have been coming out. Most of the drawings I've seen are so close the what the early 70's Challengers looked like it sometimes hard to tell which is which. I know everyone would like a modern tech built car that looks like it came from the 70's but I doubt you will get what you want.

Don't fall into the same "trap" that happened to those who liked the '99 Charger concept car. They thought that Dodge was going to produce something similar to the concept within a few years. When the '06 did finally come out and it was not even close to the concept, all those folks are the ones with their panties in a bind because they didn't get what they wished for or thought Dodge was going to produce. Wishful thinking is one thing but keep in mind of the lesson of the '99 Charger concept. You many not get what you were expecting.

To be brutally honest, I am not sure I would want something that looks nearly the same as the 70's Challenger. Slight hints of the design yes, but not a near copy on a modern chassie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
CO-Charger said:
I need to say this and some may not like it. Its been itching in the back of my mind for a while since these different drawing of the Challenger "concept" have been coming out. Most of the drawings I've seen are so close the what the early 70's Challengers looked like it sometimes hard to tell which is which. I know everyone would like a modern tech built car that looks like it came from the 70's but I doubt you will get what you want.

Don't fall into the same "trap" that happened to those who liked the '99 Charger concept car. They thought that Dodge was going to produce something similar to the concept within a few years. When the '06 did finally come out and it was not even close to the concept, all those folks are the ones with their panties in a bind because they didn't get what they wished for or thought Dodge was going to produce. Wishful thinking is one thing but keep in mind of the lesson of the '99 Charger concept. You many not get what you were expecting.

To be brutally honest, I am not sure I would want something that looks nearly the same as the 70's Challenger. Slight hints of the design yes, but not a near copy on a modern chassie.
if im not mistaken... the 99 charger was going to go into production until they merged with mercedes... they completely canned it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree it looks to good to give it to the public. Like the 1995 concept of the Charger. It was too good looking. It will probably have PT Cruiser looking front :)

JohnnyG said:
If the challenger is going to look like this(which I highly doubt),I will buy 2 of them!!!!For now though I would be happy to get my charger srt-8 when it comes out!! Very hard waiting though,I hope it becomes available soon!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
CO-Charger said:

Well I am one of those guys who had been waiting for the new charger to come out since '99, I even had a picture up on my wall and savings in the bank ready and willing to buy it or something simular .... but most of all I am a HUGE Daytona freak and had been waiting for the Daytona to come out and I WOULD buy it....

I had bought a SRT-4 2 1/2 years ago to tide me over till then, but since they released it I was not all that impressed, accually I didn't really like it and was also pretty dissapionted in DCX even stating that they would not even consider a coupe or even putting a Manual Transmission in it, because "People don't want it".

Well I hate to say it but most of my friends that really were waiting for DCX to put out a nice muscle car are still waiting, in fact a couple of my friend already left there Chrysler ties and bought new GTO's and several have gotten the new Mustang ( which I am not a Ford fan in the least, but the new GT500 is the most badass car I've seen come out in ALONG time .... Ford nailed it)

Like you said I am "keeping in mind the lessons of the '99 charger concept" and not expecting DCX to ever put out an affordable coupe mucle car AGAIN, because they say people don't want them and they wont sell but to a select group ........ tell that to Ford who can't keep up will perduction because they are selling the Mustangs faster than they can make them..... and will probebly sell a million of them.......

This concept is sweet and would be a very good building block on a future Muscle car, but will NEVER be made.....

This concept should be called a 'CUDA not a Challenger, since it has a 'cuda grill and no seem runnin' down the side of the car, but I guess that is the Muscle head showing in me ... ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
That picture isn't an official DCX concept image so I highly doubt we will se the Challenger or 'Cuda looking like that anytime soon.

Later

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
castrol said:

The August issue of Road & Track has a tiny blurb about the possibility of Chrysler resurrecting the Challenger using the LX platform currently dedicated to the 300/Magnum/Charger trio.

More...

Couldn't get the car to come up on the original post of 'Challenger in 2007', so am posting on this thread to get the picture back out.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That was the concept I saw on the dealers computer. I am crossing fingers and hoping Dodge is working in that direction for the car. Heck, maybe they already did give the guy a job!! :happy:

·
Registered
587 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
That was the concept I saw on the dealers computer. I am crossing fingers and hoping Dodge is working in that direction for the car. Heck, maybe they already did give the guy a job!! :happy:
That would be a step in the right direction - he is GOOD! But that one is a Cuda, here is the Challenger.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
If that's the concept you saw, your dealer is full of it.

Sadly.

The only truth I've heard about the Challenger is that there most certainly WILL be a concept available, in person, for next years national auto shows, and it won't be in production until 2009.

·
Registered
587 Posts
epoch said:

Sadly.

The only truth I've heard about the Challenger is that there most certainly WILL be a concept available, in person, for next years national auto shows, and it won't be in production until 2009.
That one is not the concept - no way. Ideal yes, likely no. Especially in the time frame they are trying to meet.

These pics are from the site mentioned earlier - DC has NOTHING to do with them.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
epoch said:

Sadly.

I don't think this far out there is anything that could be considered a "truth". So much depends on LX sales and DCX's finance that you don't even know for sure they will produce the Challenger at this point.

IT could be a 2009 model that is produced in 2008. If DCX can't get Mercedes back in line the whole project could be scrapped. Heck, fuel prices could soar through the roof and the thing could come with a turbodiesel!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts