Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got Borla 125s installed and love them, with an AFE in the mail. My question is, what do you do with your old parts? Do most people keep them around incase they have a major warranty issue and put them back on? Do people sell them, or just throw them away? I dont really have room to store a big factory exhaust but would hate to need it one day

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I am keeping all my stuff just because it is a numbered car. If it was not I probably would sell it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Would try to sell it to someone if it's an upgrade for them (v8 exhaust selling to a v6)

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Hanging on to mine cause I am a pack rat.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I'm pack ratting mine as well. I have the original exhaust, intake and grill. I'm sure they will sit around in boxes for 10 years before I decide to get rid of them :smile:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I kept my intake cause its small but i just let them do whatever they wanted with the exhaust cause i dont have the room in my little apt garage plus i looked up on the BB and didnt see it would be worth my time to sell it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So far I've kept all of mine, especially the suit case muffler. Just in case I need to reinstall it. From what I hear no after market replacement for the factory spec one yet and I'm sure one direct from DCX is very pricey. By the way I had my Daytona in today for service and I keep expecting them to say something about the exhaust since it's been brylcreemed and a bit louder than normal. Nothing yet. Maybe they just don't see too many Daytonas and don't realize what they normally sound like.

Oh yeah and even further off topic. There were a couple of really hot looking Vipers on the racks while I was there. Too bad I couldn't sneak underneath them a snap a few cell pics. They were nicely tricked out!!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just dont see my self ever really needing it, and it seems like a big thing to keep around. The intake and stuff i can understand, but the exhaust seems a bit much. How much you think it could sell for

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Selling the whole exhaust?? I would imagine you could get 100 + shipping.....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I always keep everything :D

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Got a box with boxes full of old stuff, from the stock air box to the original mirror. Even have my stock bulbs just n case.....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just got Borla 125s installed and love them, with an AFE in the mail. My question is, what do you do with your old parts? Do most people keep them around incase they have a major warranty issue and put them back on? Do people sell them, or just throw them away? I dont really have room to store a big factory exhaust but would hate to need it one day
You can always find room to store stuff......

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I sell mine off to help offset mod costs, and it helps other modders get cheaper mods! lol. When I bought my grille, I had a carbon offset to my fuel consumotion by reusing the box my new grille came in to ship the old grille to its new owner! Recycle!

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I kept my sways and intake but let them keep my exhaust. I figure that if I ever want to go back to stock I can hang out at Zoomers for a couple days and see what gets left in their trash. :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I keep the stuff, as others have said, because I am a pack rat.

6 months after trading my truck in on the charger I finally threw away the stock exhaust driveline and suspension parts...

Still have my stock air intake, muffler, roll-bars and other odds n ends off the Daytona

·
Registered
386 Posts
I keep the parts due that it is a numbered car. Could be valuable to my kids, when they get the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts