Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several cars that turned "car guys" heads, none more than a white with blue stripes, 2017 Shelby GT350 while I lived in Staten Island and worked in Manhattan. Constantly getting comments when in traffic, thumbs up from bikes and smiles and gawks from pedestrians. Loved how it would get people to light em up, take off or just neutral rev for me. Enjoyed more than one competitive romp on the TP with Challengers and Chargers 'under closed circuit conditions" of course...Speed and sound of one particular Charger started my interest in the Dodges.
I'm getting a lot of the same in my plain, no stripes or satin hood/roof/etc, white knuckle 2020 Charger Scat Pack and I had forgotten how much I enjoy that. The constant challenges from bikes, other Chargers, Challengers, BMWs and of course Camaros and Mustangs. I've gotten a few approving nods from Hellcat owners as I'm respecting their hp advantage. Comments from the guys pumping gas, a "nice car bro" from the guy working at public works when I dropped off some paint to get rid of, even a surprising response from a lovely young lady who I know to be a true BMW aficionado.
So the question is, do people gawk and comment on your 392/Scat Pack/Hellcat when you're just out cruising and is it because it stands out due to the color (lime green, go mango, etc), the sound, the look or are you drawing attention with tire smoking antics, engine revs or...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I see you got the Dynamics package, nice man love those wheels. I also have a 2020 Scat pack and yes people give me the thumbs up , nice car, awesome ride the list goes on BUT my wife's Charger gets way more attention then mine does. She has a 2019 AWD Plumb Crazy Purple and people go crazy over it. The funniest guy who ever approached that car was a guy who just purchased a brand new 2019 Corvette Z06. It was White with the black and red accents red interior what a fantastic car and sounded like roaring beast. My wife had to take her car to the gas station to get gas and I was sitting there pumping away when dude showed up. Older fella and got out of his car and walked right over.
He sauid " Wow man what a beautiful car". I want to get one of these. I was like " didn't you just get out of that Corvette Z06? Yes but I have liked these since the came back out and this color is fantastic he says. I said it's my Wife's car but that you very much, nice car you got there as well.

Sometimes I want to duck as my wifes car turns WAY more heads then mine does, go figure

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can confirm that colour makes a huge difference. I have a redline red SXT (with black stripe and some other trimmings)......and i get a lot of positive comments from random people all the time...

Im almost embarrassed to accept the complements sometimes.. not sure if its the bright colour but its nothing more than just the base SXT.....couple times I've been asked if it was a hellcat.

Either that or the charger is just truly a beautiful looking car.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was entering a highway in Mexico yesterday and a BMW M40i decided he wanted from try me...big mistake (I am nowhere NEAR stock lol).

I needed to take the next exit, so I did and he caught up to me. Gets beside me and gives me 2 big thumbs up. I told him not to feel bad, his car is fast...mines just faster. We both laughed like hell.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Mine doesn't garner attention like my 72 Charger, 72 Road Runner or 74 Monaco did, but it honestly it's funnier. I get asked alot what year it is, because apparently everyone is used to the look of the 2015+ and they know the 2006-2010 run was some time back but seem to forget about the 11-14 run lol. Usual response is "2012?? I thought this was the new body style I hadn't seen yet" :LOL: 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
791 Posts
I get a ton of comments about my car even though it is just a plain Granite R/T. I keep it clean when I can and I think folks just like the body style with the performance fascias.

Plus this car is so much louder with the active exhaust that I think just cruising around people take notice. Even non car people will just say "I like your car". I had a gutter guy at the house and he asked if it was a Viper! Ummm no.

Certainly my 2006 Silversteel with black wheels looked more plain... the curvey 2019 R/T with the Satin Carbon wheels does stand out a bit more.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My Granite with black chrome grill insert although not a pursuit, clears the fast lane pretty good.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Daytona
15 Posts
Drove to the beach today and decided to stay in a hotel a maximize our time here... pulling into the parking garage 3 dudes were screaming “sick car!!”. It was pretty funny. It does get a lot of looks for sure. I just have a granite 2020 scat Daytona. 15% tint all around. Def looks really clean.

I love the Charger!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Only at car shows when I have the hood open and people see what I have done to the engine bay. Almost never during daily driving which is odd given I never see another F8 on the road.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I get a few comments, and don't mind talking about cars, but I don't need to have someone gawk over a car to get all giddy inside or need attention over a car. Not my thing.

If I see someone do a burn out or rev their engine in a public place, or somewhere that's not a car show, I immediately think they're a complete douche bag.

Was at an ice cream shop with my wife and kid a month or so ago, place was packed, guy and his wife and little kid walked to his car, was a very, very nice white Fox body Mustang. Guy got in, smoked the tires for about 30 seconds in the parking lot. Made a complete ass of himself and guarantee nobody thought he was cool.

I love cars, but most people really don't care about their car these days, so I keep my enjoyment to auto events.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This one turns a lot of heads, and causes a lot of people to change lanes (and/or throw things out the window) when I come up behind them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No. I have a few bullies in my neighborhood - Teslas with dual motors. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does Go Mango draw a lot more attention than the metallic Silver?
I'm hesitating between these two, and the red one is fully loaded and almost same price, but I'm afraid it will draw too much attention (which is not my thing)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Other Chargers drivers along with Mustangs, Cameros and Challenger drivers always pull up to lure me into a pissin' contest. In my region I can't drive 5mins without seeing another Charger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the attention that my car draws
The local police have a white charger with black stripes in marked car.
People pass me then you see them slow down funny as all hell.
People comment on the way the exhaust sounds !!!!
A lot of comments when they see Brembo brakes
Love the vented seats!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get a lot of attention and jaw dropping when I lay down on the throttle and they hear that sweet exhaust.

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think color plays a large part in the head turning and gawking.

When I got my Durango I found it gets a lot of looks. Never thought of it as head turner when I bought it although I would because I'm a car guy, but something does draw attention to it, which I believe is the color. I traded in another Durango that was black, and I'm pretty sure a head never turned in my direction with it.

When I got my Daytona I knew it was probably going to draw attention, as it is a unique color and being a 392 doesn't help either. My wife works in a doctor's office, and when she drives it to work she will over hear people talking about it several times a week, she finds it amusing. My most memorable story with it was when I 1st bought it. I was driving through a parking lot to get to a restaurant, and I passed a mother and her 7 year old or so boy walking on a nearby sidewalk. As I passed them I saw the boy start jumping up and down and yelling loudly "mommy look a purple car!" My car gets a ton of head turning and comments from adults, but to see kids getting excited about it makes my day.

Here they are in the wild:

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: watersupply189
1 - 20 of 37 Posts