Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a million lx cars a day, and none of them are ever moded. I never hear one driving by with exhaust of any kind. Most of the time, when I see another LX I'll drive up a long side of them and look over, and they don't seem to notice or care. It is like they don't understand what they are actually driving.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I see 300's and Chargers with new wheels all of the time. Occasionally some graphics. That's 'bout it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
kinda like mine huh ;)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Then there's the ones with that special front-end mod. :smoke:

:p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Then there's the ones with that special front-end mod. :smoke:

:p
yea mike..that is fully custom work right there. if you let me drive your car i can get that mod for your front end as well. maybe something a little different.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
yea mike..that is fully custom work right there. if you let me drive your car i can get that mod for your front end as well. maybe something a little different.
Everyone is unique!

Um....no thanks.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Other than the memebers hee, I usally only see Chargers and 300s with moded wheels and grills. I have seen a few non forum Daytonas around wiht painted splash guards though.

I see lots of newer modded stangs and everyone around here mods Rams and Dakotas.

D a n a

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yeah I see modded LXes frequently. Magnums seem to be stock more often than not, but privately-owned Chargers and 300s seem to be modded more than stock. It seems like I see a pimped out Charger just about every day, including all sorts of appearance mods, sometimes even "DUB" or "20"" badges where factory 17s or 18s reside. :)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i see a lot of lx cars too. i'd say half the ones i see are modded. usually all the modded ones i see are v6's w/ wheels spoiler tinted windows and chrome (on 300's). i've seen very few chargers with an exhaust.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Typically, the most I see is rims. I have only seen one charger R/T with mods. It had a CF hood with daytona styled decals and a flat black spoiler.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i see a lot of lx cars too. i'd say half the ones i see are modded. usually all the modded ones i see are v6's w/ wheels spoiler tinted windows and chrome (on 300's). i've seen very few chargers with an exhaust.
Its about the same here. But I'll take that over people who don't appreciate or care about what they drive. I even ran into a guy with a brand new Sublime Daytona, I asked what # it was and he looked at me like I was crazy, and replied he didn't know. He had no idea that the number on the dash board meant anything. WTF??? I didn't get upset, but I felt it my duty as a Daytona fanatic to educate him on everything Mopar.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Its about the same here. But I'll take that over people who don't appreciate or care about what they drive. I even ran into a guy with a brand new Sublime Daytona, I asked what # it was and he looked at me like I was crazy, and replied he didn't know. He had no idea that the number on the dash board meant anything. WTF??? I didn't get upset, but I felt it my duty as a Daytona fanatic to educate him on everything Mopar.
man thats just wrong. how could you not know your number?!?! he probably didnt know how much hp he had either lol. yea i love looking at the v6's tho. i always see them in the parking lot and so i'll park next to them and check them out. it gives me ideas

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I parked next a Charger SRT8 once, then when I came out of the store, there was a 300 SRT8 that parked next to us.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know this is going to be hard to believe on a forum full of modded chargers, but you guys know that the LX is a more luxurious platform, right. I mean, I see a BOATLOAD of LX platforms (mostly 300's) and I'll see a few wheels here and there, but other than that, I see little. But around here, the people that tend to buy these platforms are older Xerox, Kodak, or Bausch & Laumb employees or retirees who want factory luxury and performance (whether it be the 300, Charger, or Magnum). Matter fact, the only 300's I see with wheels are base models. I've seen ONE modded charger R/T, but he was from Texas. I've seen 2 with wheels and nothing on the Maggies. But, one of my army buddies has a pretty modded Maggie (wheels, paint, interior, fish bowls, etc...you know, a typical hip-hop video car) So far, I think I'm the or one of the youngest in the area with any interest in a Charger (at least that can buy one:) ), and I'm pushing 30. So, if that gives you any insight into the LX market in upstate NY...:confused:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Other than M&Gs I have never seen a RT driving around that has a modded hood like mine or even a RAM or Stick on scoop. Still looking. I think maybe (it was at night) I seen a SXT with a Ram airhood about a year ago but I could not really tell. Maybe I was wanting it too bad.

D

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think is because some people just want something that's "in" or trendy.
I saw a pic of a white 3.5L Charger here that had the Daytona decals and spoiler on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts