Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago I got in a pretty bad wreck. Fortunately no one was injured. However the front of my car is destroyed. Its a 2019 charger sxt. Around 22k miles. Good looking car before the accident. Both airbags were deployed. Engine didn't appear to be damaged but the hood, front fender, headlights, radiator and the windshield all severely damaged. Also some panels by the front wheel well were damaged as well. This is my first accident and I'm not really sure what to expect. I've read that almost always if the airbags are deployed it's a total loss. I only had the car for about 4 months so I was still paying on it just uncertain on how much I should expect back if they decide to total it out. Yes I have gap insurance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn. Well I had fun being apart of the dodge family for those 4 months. No more compliments on my car anymore 😕. Well on the bright side I am blessed to still be alive. At least I will have a chance to rejoin the dodge brotherhood in the future.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Ahhhhhh yeah. Be glad it's going to by totaled. Sorry it happened.

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
244 Posts
My 16 R/T cost 10K to fix a front end crash, and I didn't dent the plate, or break the pass headlight, only dribbled coolant, no airbag deploy

So OMG that's not fixable at all

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Fortunately you should get a decent amount back on it, and you can always ask for more.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I'd try and Google prices of similar models in your area and use that as an indicator for what to expect in your payout.
Hope they don't try to short change you..

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
On the plus side, with the current inflated used car values, you may get a nice bonus. Glad no one was hurt.
See what they give you, then if you can wait a bit, keep an eye out for a nice used R/T.

Don

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
rolltide22, welcome to the forum and sorry about the accident. Please remain on the forums and update us on the damage appraisal and search for a replacement. Gap insurance is a blessing and I'm glad to hear you have that coverage.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger R/T
46 Posts
Damn. Well I had fun being apart of the dodge family for those 4 months. No more compliments on my car anymore 😕. Well on the bright side I am blessed to still be alive. At least I will have a chance to rejoin the dodge brotherhood in the future.
Bro yes I'd say it's totaled, it scares the hell out of me that it might happen to mine, I've spent at least 10k on mine and not even close to being done, sorry about your loss man, there's all different types of chargers for sale everywhere and yeah they can be expensive depending on the type but you should have plenty of options if you want to buy another one

·
Registered
2021 WB Hellcat and 2013 RT Plus AWD
227 Posts
On the plus side, those 5-star crash ratings sure seem to have held true. Glad it kept everyone safe!

·
Registered
458 Posts
You have gap insurance you will make out great as the used car prices are sky high
GAP insurance only comes into play to make up the difference when more is owed on a loan then the value/what the insurance company pays. So if GAP is involved, the person is not getting a dime.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
GAP insurance only comes into play to make up the difference when more is owed on a loan then the value/what the insurance company pays. So if GAP is involved, the person is not getting a dime.
Yeah I missed that as well. If he has GAP he won't be getting money if he has to use it. However at least he won't owe anything either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts