Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am looking at the Mopar stage 1 lowering springs and need to make sure what set-up my car has. The 100th AE is based on the R/T Plus and on older posts on here I read that the R/T Plus does not have the Novimat rear shocks, but the 100ths have the "performance-tuned suspension" so I'm not sure what rear shocks I have exactly and I'm not experienced in this so I wouldn't know by looking at them. Anybody with the R/T anniversary models put lowering springs on or would know about this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2014 RT Anniversary Edition and it does NOT have load leveling. I dont think it was even an option. I have the Eibach ProKit installed now and my tech didnt mention anything about it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 2014 RT Anniversary Edition and it does NOT have load leveling. I dont think it was even an option. I have the Eibach ProKit installed now and my tech didnt mention anything about it.
Do you have any pics of your car lowered?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Crawl under your car and look. Use this thread for reference...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/338313-Nivomat-information

Obviously if the car is equipped with nivomats they will only be in the rear. You'll have to buy rear Bilsteins to replace the nivomats if you wish to lower the car. Although it sounds like you already know that information.

I have them...from what I have read the nivomats are supposed to help the car put power to the ground more efficiently/evenly in launch situation. It really is only effective with an LSD, which unless you have switched to a getrag you don't have.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool man, mind posting some pics from a few angles if you don't mind? And did that prokit include shocks? If it did maybe that's why the tech may not have said anything, he may just have replaced everything anyways. It's when you only swap springs with the nimovats that you run into issues I guess.

Crawl under your car and look. Use this thread for reference...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/338313-Nivomat-information

Obviously if the car is equipped with nivomats they will only be in the rear. You'll have to buy rear Bilsteins to replace the nivomats if you wish to lower the car. Although it sounds like you already know that information.

I have them...from what I have read the nivomats are supposed to help the car put power to the ground more efficiently/evenly in launch situation. It really is only effective with an LSD, which unless you have switched to a getrag you don't have.
Thank's for the link and info man. :beerchug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will go out and grab some pics of the car at lunch. I have a few before shots too so you can see the transformation!

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those who were wondering...Enjoy!! Love this car!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good man! The drop definitely fills up those wheel wells. I really want to throw some 275 tires on the back of mine, I like the scat pack wheels and I'll look into those but I know they will be crazy expensive. I want oem forged wheels too, some of the factory reproductions look nice but they are way heavier than the forged ones. I want to do the drop first though and see how it looks like in person before I go the new wheel route, I really like the 100 wheels but really want the staggered classic look too. Decisions decisions lol. Thanks for the pics bro.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good man! The drop definitely fills up those wheel wells. I really want to throw some 275 tires on the back of mine, I like the scat pack wheels and I'll look into those but I know they will be crazy expensive. I want oem forged wheels too, some of the factory reproductions look nice but they are way heavier than the forged ones. I want to do the drop first though and see how it looks like in person before I go the new wheel route, I really like the 100 wheels but really want the staggered classic look too. Decisions decisions lol. Thanks for the pics bro.
Im in the same boat as you man, I cant figure out what wheels I want to do but I really love the AE wheels and so many people told me to leave them so I dont know! The car really needs wider tires in the rear, at least a 275 as those little 245s just dont cut it! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Nice drop. How's the ride after compared to before?
To be honest, its not that bad. It does ride stiffer than stock but its not back breaking. The one thing I had to get used to is watching those driveways, big speed bumps and parking blocks. Im super careful so I only scraped it once lol :driving:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the SE coilovers on my 08. Now I have start over. Debating on whether to the springs or go back with the coilovers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Im in the same boat as you man, I cant figure out what wheels I want to do but I really love the AE wheels and so many people told me to leave them so I dont know! The car really needs wider tires in the rear, at least a 275 as those little 245s just dont cut it! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

To be honest, its not that bad. It does ride stiffer than stock but its not back breaking. The one thing I had to get used to is watching those driveways, big speed bumps and parking blocks. Im super careful so I only scraped it once lol :driving:
I wish the Road and Track came with those Anniversary wheels instead of the chrome clads. If you ever want to trade, let me know.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

For sure man, I'm making some calls this week to speedlogix and others to see about the scat pack I and scat pack wheels, I know the wheels will be insanely expensive (if even available right now) so I'll probably start with the scat pack, front chin spoiler, and the springs if I commit.

I wish the Road and Track came with those Anniversary wheels instead of the chrome clads. If you ever want to trade, let me know.:grin2:
Yeah man, I like my wheels but I want the 275s too bad lol. Maybe you could swap with someone with the blacktop wheels if chrome is their thing and the blackout treatment yours. :beerchug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
That chin spoiler is next up for me! I think it looks super clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Where did you get yours from? I for sure want to see pics!
I got it off of ebay from a dodge dealer for about $140. There are some that are around $100 without the hardware.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts