Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the grip tuning Body Kit. It looks sick. But would I be better off just ordering from Mopar and getting OEM Specific design and quality? Not to mention the actual material that has added to the 5 star Crash Rating Score are cars get.

Same idea, Love the ram air hood - SRT8 Hood, etc. But should I take off the metal hood and replace it with Fiber Glass? Again, doesn't it make more sense to just order from Mopar, and in case of an accident have the original Metal materials backing me up?

Does modifying the exterior of your vehicle with material not as strong as the OEM originals put us at extra risk if, God Forbid, any of us get into a serious accident?

·
Registered
902 Posts
All of the crash parts are structural, the "bumper" is just a cover and does not add any crash safety. The hood is not an issue either. Pretty much any cosmetic changes are just that, cosmetic.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
When the sh*t hits the fan, the sh*t spreads all over. A bumper or a hood ain't gonna keep the sh*t from flying... Lol

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
The only exterior mods that might jeopardize safety might be the Mad Maxx, Beyond Thunderdome package. It does cost a little more, but that jerk in rush hour traffic will think twice about cutting you off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only exterior mods that might jeopardize safety might be the Mad Maxx, Beyond Thunderdome package. It does cost a little more, but that jerk in rush hour traffic will think twice about cutting you off.
I almost don't want to ask, But what the hell Kinda package is that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts