Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have changed at Raybestos Tech Line. I guess the Engineer I used to speak with has moved on and I get a young man on the phone who seems to be on a learning curve.
I have their documents on bedding police pads and called about the new EHT procedure and he didn't know what I was talking about.

So has anyone seen any data on bedding these? Its a new material and heck it may not require it for all I know, I don't want to assume anything.

I want to put them on my Daughters car.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Things have changed at Raybestos Tech Line. I guess the Engineer I used to speak with has moved on and I get a young man on the phone who seems to be on a learning curve.
I have their documents on bedding police pads and called about the new EHT procedure and he didn't know what I was talking about.

So has anyone seen any data on bedding these? Its a new material and heck it may not require it for all I know, I don't want to assume anything.

I want to put them on my Daughters car.
As the name says, they are a hybrid of ceramic and metallic so bed them in the same as any other pad... five or so back to back 40 mph to 10 mph MODERATE stops followed by a short cool down, then 5 more back to back HARD stops from 35 mph to 5 mph. then drive for 15-20 minutes (highway) without using them to let them cool down (I like to get them hot enough to STINK then cool them down). I have the EHT pads with Powerstop rotors on the wife's Charger, my sons Chrysler 200, and even our old PT Looser. .. I love the GG rating..they bite good when cold and hot. They do make a bit more dust than an all ceramic pad, but not that much more. They also don't transfer material to a hot rotor creating the "warped" pulsating feeling as easily as all ceramic pads.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Yeh, that call to the tech line made me have to ask here.
I ran them on some drilled rotors and the dust filled the holes, but on a Supercharged Silverado with Spirit behind the wheel so.... The dust is light colored and that's nice unless one has the Blackout or dark wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
georgiapi
Charger Forums
ChargerForums to connect with the Dodge Charger community to discuss SRT, Hellcat models, maintenance, mods and more.
Full Forum Listing