Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a Mopar CAI (please don't try to talk me into any other brands, it's not going to work) and was wondering if anyone knows if dealerships actually keep these in stock? If they are going to have to order it, it will be cheaper and just as fast to order it online. If not, it's worth the price difference for me to have it today... plus I have a $50 off coupon that will only work at a dealership.

anyone? :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Give them a call

But I'm betting that they don't. I recently had my oil changed and I asked the parts department for a price for my 07 R/T, it took the guy a few minutes just to find the correct catalouge for the price and he also told me that they would order it. In my opinion the price (even with a $50 off) was way too high for mopar parts, probably find a better price online anyway.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lol, I woke this morning wondering the same thing, felt like doing a new mod and having it installed today! Called my dealer, they will do the Mopar CAI installed for me for $275, they have it in stock

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
SHould install it yourself, not hard!! Save some money!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
lol, I woke this morning wondering the same thing, felt like doing a new mod and having it installed today! Called my dealer, they will do the Mopar CAI installed for me for $275, they have it in stock
WOW, thats great! My dealer said they are not allowed to installl aftermarket parts even if they are Mopar. BTW, when I asked for the price at my parts dept they told me some where around $325...... Nice Find...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
WOW, thats great! My dealer said they are not allowed to installl aftermarket parts even if they are Mopar. BTW, when I asked for the price at my parts dept they told me some where around $325...... Nice Find...
Thats funny!!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'd find a new dealer, the ones that say this, in my experience, are some
of the worst and clueless dealerships around

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'd find a new dealer, the ones that say this, in my experience, are some
of the worst and clueless dealerships around
X2

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i called the closest 5 dealerships and none of them have them in stock. the one closest to me did agree to sell it to me for the cheapest online price i could find and they will have it tomorrow. after i use my $75 in dealer dollars and sell my daytona airbox, this is going to end up being almost free. :lol:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i sold my road and track airbox along with a k&n drop(bout 4k miles on it) in filter for 60 bucks together(probably coulda got a bit more) just incase you want a baseline ;) sold it to a forum member.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I think it depends on the area too, not many chargers/magnums in my area, so they don't have a large selection of performance/regular parts on stock. if i drove a ram, caliber or dakota, that would be a diff. story.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What Is A Cai, And What Does It Do.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
What Is A Cai, And What Does It Do.
Here is a pic

It's a replacement for your stock air intake system. Cold Air Intake (CAI)
Just allows for the engine to pull in colder and more air.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
DUB supplies nice clamps.

MOPAR gives you the screw/thread type.
Yes, actually provide you "true" clamps...... They have an excellent product that looks sweet, was pleased when I found it, not a lot of talk on this site about DUB CAI's.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts