Charger Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I cleaned the glass again today & used newspaper and vinegar & water mix. It was sunny outside and the glass looked clean before I cleaned it. And it still looks clean. I guess the sun has to be lower in the sky in order for the smudges to show up. I have to remember to pull the car out again later.& re-check.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,045 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a DI water filter system and just rinsing the car, then let it dry with no wiping.
I'm getting lazier as I get older. LOL
I'm thinking of getting a DI water filter system and just rinsing the car, then let it dry with no wiping.
I'm getting lazier as I get older. LOL
LOL but either way a good move.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I cleaned the glass again today & used newspaper and vinegar & water mix. It was sunny outside and the glass looked clean before I cleaned it. And it still looks clean. I guess the sun has to be lower in the sky in order for the smudges to show up. I have to remember to pull the car out again later.& re-check.
For most people , windows are a tuff job. I use the box technic for the most part and usually 2 towels. One to clean one to get rid of any smudges if any.

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
761 Posts
I will say when I worked at Safelite we had to clean the windshields after install obviously and that was the best glass cleaner I’ve ever used no streaks easy to use I still go by my old shop and grab a couple cans lol
I actually figured out it was another brand just branded for Safelite I believe the brand is in Walmart I have to try to figure out what it is

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Smudges & streaks did show up when I looked later when the sun was going down. I cleaned some more & it looks a lot better.

I'll have to get some of Invisible Glass cleaner that receives positive comments. From ad pictures it looks like the aerosol version comes out as a foam & the regular spray is a liquid. Does one work better than the other?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Smudges & streaks did show up when I looked later when the sun was going down. I cleaned some more & it looks a lot better.

I'll have to get some of Invisible Glass cleaner that receives positive comments. From ad pictures it looks like the aerosol version comes out as a foam & the regular spray is a liquid. Does one work better than the other?
Not really. I use the aerosol on the cars and the regular spray on my house mirrors and windows.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

They both work just fine.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
I found these at AutoZone. I’m sure the CG’s is really just a glorified Windex. But the cloth’s seem to make a heck of a difference.
You use the “Terry cloth” side for cleaning then flip it over to finish it and clear any smudges off, it works pretty well. The best I’ve had a long time.
Tire Automotive tire Plastic bottle Gas Drink

I also found these at Walmart, about the same thing.
Textile Sleeve Rectangle Collar Denim

Reactions: Torquer

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
I actually figured out it was another brand just branded for Safelite I believe the brand is in Walmart I have to try to figure out what it is
Could this be it? I bought it for my car at a car wash, but once my wife got ahold of it, it has become a household staple. It works very well and is safe for tint, if that’s a concern.
The picture is from Lowe’s.
Liquid Fluid Bottle Font Cosmetics

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
761 Posts
Could this be it? I bought it for my car at a car wash, but once my wife got ahold of it, it has become a household staple. It works very well and is safe for tint, if that’s a concern.
The picture is from Lowe’s.
View attachment 307670
Yes! That’s it! I remember the brand name as soon as I saw it lol that is the best glass cleaner I’ve ever used

41 - 51 of 51 Posts