Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was out cruising with a buddy of mine, and stopped by the hospital to check up on a friend. As we were leaving, we were making a left turn onto route 46(a highway) and we began to skid out and the back end of the car was in the slow lane while the front was in the fast lane. Luckily I was able to get out of it fast enough, but I had ESP on because it had rained about 3 and half hours before we left so it shouldn't have been too bad. Now, several times we had begin to skid out such as coming through a jug handle. Going from a stop to 25 we had peeled out a whole lot, and when we passed my house(to park on the street) we did an illegal u-turn and before we even hit 5 mph the bag tires began to skid to the right. During all this, I had ESP on. Do I need new tires(I haven't checked the tread that is left, but several times when I go to pull out of the driveway I peel out when I just tap the pedal.

Cheers :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Engine size???

·
Registered
741 Posts
How many miles do you have on it.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Depends on the tires too. My tires touch any kind of water im sliding every turn or everytime i press the pedal too much.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Odds are, you need new tires........and take it easy on the gas. I have drove a bolt-on LS2 GTO with MT street slicks in the rain(freak rain) and on street tires in the rain and I didnt have issues from a stop, the ass stepped a litte at 55-60 on the interstate(on the ET streets).

But IMO you have a 3.5....your just using WAY to much peddle.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
In my 3.5l the rear tires used to break loose all the time. but after a good burnout they started to stick. So destroy them, then buy new ones. :D Take videos.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
In my 3.5l the rear tires used to break loose all the time. but after a good burnout they started to stick. So destroy them, then buy new ones. :D Take videos.
But not just DD, you had to work to do it...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Yea, DD as in Daily Driving. If you take it easy on the gas pedal there is NO reason why you cant drive a 190HP car in the rain...even on slicks...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yea, DD as in Daily Driving. If you take it easy on the gas pedal there is NO reason why you cant drive a 190HP car in the rain...even on slicks...
3.5l = 250hp who has a the 2.7l? Who put slicks on it!?!?!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
250 crank, like 190 to the wheels, what I an saying is...its not a fast enough cars to be spinning the tires in the rain at 25. Meaning, if you jsut use the gas like a sane person, it wont spin...its not the tires but the driver. And I meant, you COULD put slicks on a 3.5....drive it in the rain and you go easy on the pedal and your fine.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Does it really lose that much power? Damn.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts