·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan on very soon getting the following mods installed:

Mopar CAI
Long Tube Headers (Kooks or SLP)
Corsa/Borla Catback

Do I need to get a tune for everything to work ok? I realize I'll probably get responses like "If you're spending $2,500 what's an extra $400...but that's ok" :bigthumb:

As always...thanks for the input. :rocker:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The main reason I want those mods is so I can easily chirp the tires in 2nd. Think that would be a reasonable expectation?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very true - I thought about that too. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Im getting mine tuned probably next week ill let you know what difference i feel out of it, looks like our mods will be close to the same.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's cool - please PM me with your results.

Will my putting those mods on my car without a tune harm it in anyway?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Just get a Predator.

I recently added the Borla 125 cat-back, an Airaid CAI, and the Predator 93 CAI tune and let me just say this:

OH.

MY.

GOD!

It's like I have a totally different car...

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D

How do you like the Airaid CAI? I was thinking of going with the Mopar.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so their not running too lean with those mods and without a tune... just wondering
Same here...The ultimate goal I have for my car is to have some awesome performance and 50 state legal for emissions without having to go back to a stock tune.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Same here...The ultimate goal I have for my car is to have some awesome performance and 50 state legal for emissions without having to go back to a stock tune.
with those mods you should be ok... depends what state your in... if you don't mess with the cats and your longtubes don't blow codes

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
with those mods you should be ok... depends what state your in... if you don't mess with the cats and your longtubes don't blow codes
I was looking at making sure my LTs are 50 state...but I'm afraid the Predator might not go with my 50 state project????? I looked in the manual and it said for off road use only. :confused:

I see a ton of ads for Superchips but haven't heard good things about them. I have a JET tuner in my Aurora and love it. I'm considering getting the JET Stage 2 Module since it's 50 state.

Not to be picky but 50 state emissions is a biggie for me. :bigthumb:

Thanks for all the input - keep 'em coming! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
From what ive been told by a couple different places that tune chargers, no, but ill let you know for sure next week when i get my car tuned.
cool... i know the 6.1 motor can run a little lean with just a CAI... from what i've read on here

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I was looking at making sure my LTs are 50 state...but I'm afraid the Predator might not go with my 50 state project????? I looked in the manual and it said for off road use only. :confused:

I see a ton of ads for Superchips but haven't heard good things about them. I have a JET tuner in my Aurora and love it. I'm considering getting the JET Stage 2 Module since it's 50 state.

Not to be picky but 50 state emissions is a biggie for me. :bigthumb:

Thanks for all the input - keep 'em coming! :bigthumb:
if you're gonna roll with a tuner, i would get the diablo because it a lot of different options and ways you change parameters to your car... more than any tuner available for the hemi's

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
:D

How do you like the Airaid CAI? I was thinking of going with the Mopar.
I love it. Looks Great. Sounds Great. Definitely noticed a bit of a performance gain at WOT.

And it's a lot cheaper than the Mopar.

:bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah they seem to have the most options available. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts