Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,

Do I need to purchace all 4 snow tires or can I get away with just the rears?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

·
Registered
686 Posts
well if you have ESP on your car you might want to get 4 snows. The system works better if all 4 tires are the same .

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks,
I just got a price on 4 snow tires. $510

Thanks for your help.:)
That is a good price, where did you get that number from?

Do all four, the fronts are probably more important, If you can't get going, there is no worries about steering or stopping.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a good price, where did you get that number from?

Do all four, the fronts are probably more important, If you can't get going, there is no worries about steering or stopping.
Here is where I got the price.

Superior Tire & Auto
4300 Dufferin Street
Downsview, Ontario
M3H 5R9
Tel: 416-635-9967
Manager: Howard Minsker

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
MICHELIN - Arctic Alpine.
I was under the impression these tires were discontinued several years ago? (replaced by X-ice or something similar sounding).

Hopefully that helped you get a discount (it's a decent price).

About the tires themselves, they are fantastic in my opinion. I had them on my Marauders and they helped that car stay glued to the road in practically any condition. When my wife was in labour for our second child, one of those Marauders cut through a horizontal-snow and high winds snowstorm driving at speeds that I'm ashamed to post here (at 1 am, and let's just say my kid was born within 5 minutes of getting to the hospital, it was that urgent).

They get my vote.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Thanks,
I just got a price on 4 snow tires. $510

Thanks for your help.:)
You made completely the right choice. Especially considering the potantial conditions that the vehicle might be used in.

Better safe than sorry when considering tyres. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
4 of a kind always beats 2 pair

Video link at bottom of post.
When you put winter tires on your vehicle, always put them on in a set of four.
If you were to put winter tires on only the front or rear of your vehicle, you would create a vehicle with a split personality. The traction capabilities of the tires on a vehicle play the largest single role in determining how that vehicle will react in any given situation. And with the great difference in traction capabilities between Winter tires and All-Season or High Performance tires, you can understand the loss of control when one end of the car performs very well and the other end just seems to have a mind of its own. Consider the fact that leading automobile manufacturers such as BMW, & Mercedes-Benz, recommend in their owner's manuals that you install four winter tires for winter driving. By installing four winter tires, you maintain the most balanced and controlled handling possible in all winter driving conditions. It is imperative to keep the same level of traction at all four corners of the car; otherwise, the full benefits of ABS or traction control systems will be lost.

Check out this link to Michelin's video demonstation of how two pairs of tires of differing traction react WITHOUT snow in the picture.
VIDEO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.