Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing dounuts in the rain the other day and i kinda of turned it too hard and got the car to slide on all fours. Does an occasional donut here and there (like once a week) bad for the alignment. I know it will drastically shorten the lifespan of my tires which i dont really care because they are stock and cant wait to get rid of them, but will they mess up the camber and things of that nature that will affect my ride later on? also is there a warranty on the tires?? just curious.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Not unless you slam into something as you do it. Like a small break in the pavement, a crack or a manhole cover, etc.

You will be putting stupid side loads on your bearings and possibly axles and such, but unless you hit such irregular pavement as you're sliding around, it should not immediately ruin anything.

As far as tire warranties, I think they might actually be warrantied for obvious factory defects. If you're going to try to pull off a warranty claim on tires used in "donuts", the first thing they are going to check is the alignment to see if what they read correlates with the type of tire damage they are seeing. As soon as something doesn't add up, you'll be hung out to dry on this claim due to abusive driving (and in some cases, attempting to pass off results of such abusive driving on warranty can lead to future hassles when getting legitimate warranty work done).

·
Registered
580 Posts
A few forum members broke their power steering pumps while doing donuts at full lock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts