Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i decided i wanted a bend on the edge of my driver side door so about a year ago i just left it open a little and backed into (the door) a big wooden pole.

It seems the door is kinda sitting further forward (towards the front of the car).

It hasn't ever leaked or had any problems (not even more cabin noise). It just rubs a little upon opening and closing the door, like something is lower/higher than its suppose to be by a CM or two.

like i said, its been like this for a year, and there's no visible damage anywhere except the edge part that's BARELY dented in a bit, the slight rub when i close and open the door and the fact that there's more of a gap between the door edge and the passenger door when both are closed.

I've had a couple of different places take a quick look at it (like jiffy lube when had my oil changed/firestone when i get alignments) and they say they dont see whats wrong with it but they do notice the rub and awkward sit

any ideas? i know if i take it to the dealership they'll either tell me its "broken and i need a new door" or my car is "infested with asbestos and i need a new car"

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
take it to a body shop dude! u have to know somebody at a body shop

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
yeah i do:D

just figured there HAD to be someone that's done this too:cowsmile:
not everyone is as talented as you....when I hit stuff...i do it right. :biggrinjester:

if your gonna hit somethin, at least make the car inoperable

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not everyone is as talented as you....when I hit stuff...i do it right. :biggrinjester:

if your gonna hit somethin, at least make the car inoperable
LOL yeah i was kinda at this point hoping i would have just ripped the door off so i could've had it fixed long ago, same with my fascia when i had an accident in 07, its just been messed up since then waiting for me to have it fixed too:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i wouldnt do that lol, when i exchanged trunks with a dude with a v6 so i didnt have the spoiler anymore, we couldnt get the trunk to align so i took it to my body shop guy and he straightened it for free :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wouldnt do that lol, when i exchanged trunks with a dude with a v6 so i didnt have the spoiler anymore, we couldnt get the trunk to align so i took it to my body shop guy and he straightened it for free :thumbsup:
cool, yeah i figure even worst case scenario a couple of bolts or w/e have to be loosened, realigned and tightened again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts