Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2013 SRT8... has anyone attempted to add Adaptive cruise control after buying the car? is it feasible?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2013 SRT8... has anyone attempted to add Adaptive cruise control after buying the car? is it feasible?

Thanks.
Best guess would be that you would need all of the hardware components installed, and possibly have it taken to a dealership to get that feature "added" to the vehicle by programming!

How much would it cost would be the main question, as well as how much are you willing to pay to have it done!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think it may be possible, but it will likely be pretty expensive.

The ACC radar sensor alone will cost around $1000, unless you find one from a salvage yard. You would also need the cutout that goes around it.

Once you have the sensor and the new steering wheel buttons, it could possibly be as easy as hooking them up and getting the car flashed so it knows the new hardware is present.

Even if there is no harness going to the sensor, it wouldn't be too much trouble to wire it up yourself. The sensor only has four wires; switched 12V, ground, and CAN+/-. You could make your own harness fairly easily.

After the sensor is mounted in the front, it must be aligned and calibrated.

To do this, you would need to find a dealership (or very capable person who can interface with the computer) to get everything working. I doubt many dealerships would be willing to take this on, but you never know...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm sure the liability issues would keep most dealerships from tackling this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts