Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi… I’m a new member; just got my 2006 Charger. Awesome cruiser! Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disconnect the driver’s door from the courtesy light group, and if so, how to???

Thanks

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Its tied into a body control module. Its not like the old days where a switch goes to a part. Switches wiring goes back to a module for the module to make sure its okay to use the switch you operated. You will not want to disconnect this. If you pull the ground wire that signals to the bcm to turn on the light your radio and accesories will no longer shut off with your door opening as it is the input for those knowing when to shut off

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In summary: not really, no. :D

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Just the driver's door? Just in case you didn't know, if you turn the dimmer control all the way down, that disables the interior lights from coming on with a door open - but all doors then.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
can we inquire to why you want just the drivers door input lost as maybe we could solve your problem another way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks for responding so quickly! I wanted to disable only the driver's door switch because this is a police cruiser. I would prefer the interior lights not illuminate when getting in and out of the car on "stops" at night; a safety issue. Currently I am turning off all of the interior lights as I make each stop, which is a pain!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Oh, that makes sense. DCX should have thought of that in the design!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Ah, NHSP would be New Hampshire State Police, I'm guessin'?

I know we have other LEO's on this site... guys? any ideas?

Be Safe!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi… I’m a new member; just got my 2006 Charger. Awesome cruiser! Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disconnect the driver’s door from the courtesy light group, and if so, how to???

Thanks
Check your PMs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts